Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Not necessarily racist but certainly in bed with the racists.

Like you're not necessarily an authoritarian neoliberal but you are certainly in bed with authoritarian neoliberals?

You know what this thread has got a bit better lately but some people just want it to descend into name calling again :rolleyes:

I have no idea who he is.The idea that this is *open source* and has been given a join the dots treatment is a conspiracy too far

ETA I dont usually post twitter stuuf as is invaribaly bollocks.

In case anyone feels like behaving as stupidly as I did and thinks they should click on the clickbait, don't. The question was not interesting and there was no awkward silence in response.
It's a link to a - shock, horror - web page with a video, as described in my post i.e. "from 2 minutes".

Your stupidity is your business but the question posed in the link and the awkwardness that followed is legit and valid - probably just best to assume you are another Brexit remainer who can't handle difficult questions.

What is to stop there being an open border with Ireland in the event of no deal? If the UK don't enforce and the Irish republic government don't enforce it, how can the EU enforce it. Legit question

What is to stop there being an open border with Ireland in the event of no deal? If the UK don't enforce and the Irish republic government don't enforce it, how can the EU enforce it. Legit question

The EU will compel Eire to enforce it.

WTO rules mean the UK will have to open every border to everyone.

Meanwhile...10 months after agreeing to Barnier's 'Irish backstop' the tories start to ask the DUP to give a little. Some chance.

Brexit: DUP 'pushing back hard' on new Northern Ireland backstop proposal

But what can the DUP do? The DUP face compromise or risk being blamed for bringing down a government. There's no functioning government in NI, just direct rule from Westminster. Combine that with a shrinking potential electorate for the DUP and it's not looking that rosy for them.

Back
Top Bottom