Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
I was sat on my own in a bar in Prague not talking the other day and two people, probably not British but I don't know where from, were having a chat in English.

'I don't understand the Brexit at all. It's like, it's a nice summer, and you're having a good time, and oh, I've got a gun, I'll shoot myself in the leg'

I was sat on my own in a bar in Prague not talking the other day and two people, probably not British but I don't know where from, were having a chat in English.

'I don't understand the Brexit at all. It's like, it's a nice summer, and you're having a good time, and oh, I've got a gun, I'll shoot myself in the leg'

Sounds like a very ignorant pair of individuals.

Find out why by watching it

I don't know who you are but you're another one who doesn't answer simple questions so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're a gurning wanker.

Gonna watch it any way though. I love listening to #ProperBlokez telling it like it is in the pub with a pint. #Ladz

Seems to be lots of shut up listen to this from your betters then fuck off posts going up on here right now. Is it a surprise that this better from above is an actual lib-dem member and being groomed for some leadership role i suspect.

Looks like the idea of not enforcing the border for goods, would mean - for WTO compliance - not enforcing any UK border.

Otherwise it’s giving the EU a leg up, which would be against the WTO most favoured nation rule.

Turns out this was already identified in a parliament publication six months ago.

Snippety...

“62.Several stakeholders told us that, in a no deal scenario, the UK would be in violation of WTO rules if it declined to enforce a border.152 We were told that MFN rules mean that if the UK chose not to enforce a border with the EU in Northern Ireland, it would have to not enforce a border with “the entirety of the WTO membership.”153 Similarly, if an EU member state such as Ireland did not impose tariffs on exports from the UK, it could be in breach of WTO obligations, as well as the rules of the EU customs union.154

The land border between Northern Ireland and Ireland - Northern Ireland Affairs Committee - House of Commons

Just don't call it a border. A 'defacilitated customs arrangement'. You know, we need to inspect this ship to umm audit barnacles. And then you'll need to pay barnacle tax. Not because you're French or whatever though. Because of how many barnacles you've got.

I had been under that impression, then a week or so ago read that he’s still no.1 popular for Tory voters, even if his fellow MPs largely hate him.

Worrying if there’s a leadership challenge.

I lurk/troll on Conservative Home. They poll monthly. He is most popular but not in a landslide kinda way.

Back
Top Bottom