Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Iran

At least 10 arrests as we approach the anniversary of the uprising:

Also, fundraiser for Iranian exile organising in Manchester in September:

The regime are absolute scum /stating the obvious:

1698684938177.png

Edited: I see why the guy who wrote that article I linked to below posted it again. A helicopter carrying the president has had a 'hard landing' currently his condition is unknown:

Some analysis of new president Ebrahim Raisi’s picks for the new cabinet. None of it is good news:

(from 2021)

Last edited:
Azerbaijan perhaps given that the "Hard landing" happened in Iranian Azerbaijan.

Though says he was up there inaugurating a joint dam project, albeit no love lost.
If he was being touted as potential next supreme leader, is there any else in wings with similar clout? Never a great time for a succession crisis but now probably particularly bad.

Something about “if you can’t take Mohammed to the mountain…”

Anyway, Fico and Raisi in one week, I guess liberalism has started flexing a bit. ;)

Who's idea was to fly in the first place?

I think Iran's presidential administration (no idea what it's called, but you get my drift...) probably doesn't have much of a Challenge Culture.

30yo helicopter pilot: 'its a bit foggy and the met isn't great - i know it's a long drive, but it might be best if you take the car...'

Man who executes Gay men by hanging them from a crane in football stadiums: 'yeah, start the fucking chopper son, or I'll cut your balls off....'.

Helicopter starts.

Live feed from PressTV which is the state propaganda station. They have it from the horses mouth, so don't believe the rumours.
"Hopefully there is going to be a discovery to be made."

Live at the Iranian Red Crescent Crisis HQ everyone is being served tea and looking rather glum (20.16)

Live

Last edited:
Wait till tomorrow. It's dark, the weather's shit, and it's mostly mountainous terrain.

When they find the helicopter, and find who was on it - and potentially - identify the bodies they find, then we'll know. Eventually.

Wait till tomorrow. It's dark, the weather's shit, and it's mostly mountainous terrain.

When they find the helicopter, and find who was on it - and potentially - identify the bodies they find, then we'll know. Eventually.
over night? Anyone who was on that flight is now very probably dead, by the morning its certainty.

I think Iran's presidential administration (no idea what it's called, but you get my drift...) probably doesn't have much of a Challenge Culture.

30yo helicopter pilot: 'its a bit foggy and the met isn't great - i know it's a long drive, but it might be best if you take the car...'

Man who executes Gay men by hanging them from a crane in football stadiums: 'yeah, start the fucking chopper son, or I'll cut your balls off....'.

Helicopter starts.

I said similar to my dad earlier, pilot was told by someone, “I decide if it’s safe to fly, now get on with it.”

So, from what I can see, Raisi's hardcore fundamentalist. If he is dead/incapacitated, anyone know who's likely to replace him and whether they're likely to be less awful?

Back
Top Bottom