Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Inside Claridges

But tea at Oliver Peyton's National Gallery Restaurant is not so great. Slow service, not a huge amount for your money.

Tea at the Wolsley is pretty decent. And a stunning building to eat in.
I was just about to mention that one. Some friends came over from Sweden and top of their wish list was English Afternoon Tea, so that's where we went. About £25 iirc, which wasn't bad considering venue etc. and it was lovely. Sorry Timothy, but welcome!

As a result of this programme, and this thread, I've decided to treat a friend of mine to afternoon tea for her 30th birthday...I'd love to take her to Claridges but it has to be somewhere in Birmingham...so not quite so posh.

I like tea! At Browns they give you a little bag of the loose tea you had when you leave, which is a nice touch.

At Claridge's they give you a pretty little tin of their tea, too. My GF took me there for my birthday; I don't think the non-champagne version was actually that bad value. Brilliant service and, when they overheard that it was my birthday, they brought me out a little birthday cake. :)

At Claridge's they give you a pretty little tin of their tea, too. My GF took me there for my birthday; I don't think the non-champagne version was actually that bad value. Brilliant service and, when they overheard that it was my birthday, they brought me out a little birthday cake. :)
That sounds good - I think we may have to try that out - guess I have to smarten up a bit ?

That sounds good - I think we may have to try that out - guess I have to smarten up a bit ?

Disappointingly, a lot of the people there were quite dressed down. :( Maybe avoid trainers and tracksuits, but it's not like you dress like a teenage hoodlum anyway.

As a result of this programme, and this thread, I've decided to treat a friend of mine to afternoon tea for her 30th birthday...I'd love to take her to Claridges but it has to be somewhere in Birmingham...so not quite so posh.

I can't think of anywhere here that would do a nice afternoon tea. Somewhere in the Mailbox maybe. Browns next to the Bullring is probably the best.

Thanks...I've had afternoon tea at Hotel Du Vin before, that was nice...great cocktails too, but it was in a conservatory and was a little cold.

i've usually found that the posher the place the sloppier you can dress, ironically...
That's cos they're probably all trained along the lines of rich people are happy dressing casually and quite comfortable popping into Claridges for tea on a whim. Is that right, Timothy?

Tea at the Wolsley is pretty decent. And a stunning building to eat in.
I went as a birthday treat once and enjoyed it.

tea-wolseley-piccadilly-london-01.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/blog/afternoon-tea-at-the-wolseley-piccadilly-london/

Here's some customer experience advice, fuck off with your spam.
He does do fantastic business bullshit-speak though:
Ian was responsible for building and embedding the customer experience strategy for all retail brands within the SDG portfolio in the UK.

Through the implementation of innovative measurement methodologies such as the OMI (operational measures index) and proving it’s link to customer satisfaction measurement through the CSI (customer satisfaction index), Ian spent over 6 years helping SDG to align improvement in the customer journey to customer experience strategies that benefit the customer, employee and shareholder.

Here's some customer experience advice, fuck off with your spam.
I posted here as your readers may have been interested in the content of the specific blog - it was never intended to solicit for business. If you would like me to remove the post, I will happily do so. I apologise if I have offended you or any other readers of this site.

I posted here as your readers may have been interested in the content of the specific blog - it was never intended to solicit for business. If you would like me to remove the post, I will happily do so. I apologise if I have offended you or any other readers of this site.
That's very polite of you.

Back
Top Bottom