Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Inside Claridges

It was creepy though, literally before you thought something there was a member of staff there with whatever your half formed thought was thinking you might want.

At one point I went down a deck and caught some staff unawares and instantly they morphed into non people, just blended in with the background unless I wanted them.

As much as I'd like them sometimes I am not designed to have servants . . .

ETA: @Manter here you go have a look http://www.superyachttimes.com/yachts/details/606

DS firmly believes that were Matt Lucas and David Walliams to do a spoof, it would be exactly the same...

It was creepy though, literally before you thought something there was a member of staff there with whatever your half formed thought was thinking you might want.

At one point I went down a deck and caught some staff unawares and instantly they morphed into non people, just blended in with the background unless I wanted them.

As much as I'd like them sometimes I am not designed to have servants . . .

ETA: @Manter here you go have a look http://www.superyachttimes.com/yachts/details/606
looks swanky. Tho slightly lost in all the specifications.

I know what you mean- I was in a bar like that with work, and for about an hour if was fun, then it started to freak me out. I'd start to think 'ooh, I want a glass of water' and it would be in front of you. You'd think "different cocktail perhaps", and the menu would be in your hand, with someone murmuring (spelling?) in your ear about your favourite spirit....

I changed the link to one with more photos. The stupid thing is it only sleeps 12 guests and about 25 crew.

I guess as the guy on the Claridges prog said 'if you can spend £10k flying to NY it's all relative'.

I changed the link to one with more photos. The stupid thing is it only sleeps 12 guests and about 25 crew.

I guess as the guy on the Claridges prog said 'if you can spend £10k flying to NY it's all relative'.
its nice, should I ever find myself in need of a yacht....

I know they can, but do they needto? Barking,

I quite enjoyed watching that, I wouldn't like to stay there though. Last year we were on an £85m yacht with a staff of nearly 30 and tbh it was awful, I was handed a drink I didn't know what to do with and I carried the empty glass about for ages instead of making a ring mark on the polished mahogany :D :oops:
Do you think if you had chucked it over the sides there would have been a) someone in the water expecting it or b) someone would have jumped after it to retrieve it?

Caught up with this on iPlayer, was very interesting.

I am going to demand that Lenny Henry is my butler at the Holiday Inn.

The eldery couple were really quite down to earth though. I think that is the differenec, they made their money over a lifetime rather than be born into it or be born with blue blood.

We stayed in claridges when grinder proposed. Not in a super suite or anything, but it was very nice and the same sort of money as a weekend break in Paris or something. And an amazing experience.

Staff were lovely and friendly but we didn't see much more of them than you would at a travelodge. Certainly not omnipresent at all.

But a small tub of Pringles in the mini bar was a fiver!

The eldery couple were really quite down to earth though. I think that is the differenec, they made their money over a lifetime rather than be born into it or be born with blue blood.
Didn't she say she bought shares in Google? :D It was sad to hear she had died.

She did, yeah!

If I make it to my 80s and I'm super rich I am not going to Weston Super-Mare for my holidays either :D

We stayed in claridges when grinder proposed. Not in a super suite or anything, but it was very nice and the same sort of money as a weekend break in Paris or something. And an amazing experience.

Staff were lovely and friendly but we didn't see much more of them than you would at a travelodge. Certainly not omnipresent at all.

But a small tub of Pringles in the mini bar was a fiver!
that is a classy proposal :cool:

I won't lie, I'd fucking love to be able to afford to go for posh breakfast somewhere nice on a regular basis.

CARMEN-DELL-OREFICE_196x270.jpg

Her name is Carmen Dell'Orefice and I agree she looks fab for 81.
A weird cross between Cruella deVille and Pussy Galore.

I quite enjoyed watching that, I wouldn't like to stay there though. Last year we were on an £85m yacht with a staff of nearly 30 and tbh it was awful, I was handed a drink I didn't know what to do with and I carried the empty glass about for ages instead of making a ring mark on the polished mahogany :D :oops:

It'll be some bloody hardcore lacquer, has to deal with sea water after all.

Back
Top Bottom