Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I love Brighton and Hove Albion

That was one of the best games of football i've seen in quite some time. Brighton have spent next to fuck all but matched city both technically and tactically. The recruitment side of things is second to none and one that other clubs are sure to follow. Buy quality players low,utilise them and sell high, rinse and repeat. It's a breath of fresh to see such a well run club and with a plan other than chucking money at overpriced tatt. They put teams like Palace to shame when you consider how long they've been in the premier. Nothing to show for all the money that's gone through them. No legacy. An ageing squad, little or no sellable assests and a shitpit of a stadium that's had fuck all done to it for years plus a chairman that does just about enough to stave off relegation each season.

That was one of the best games of football i've seen in quite some time. Brighton have spent next to fuck all but matched city both technically and tactically. The recruitment side of things is second to none and one that other clubs are sure to follow. Buy quality players low,utilise them and sell high, rinse and repeat. It's a breath of fresh to see such a well run club and with a plan other than chucking money at overpriced tatt. They put teams like Palace to shame when you consider how long they've been in the premier. Nothing to show for all the money that's gone through them. No legacy. An ageing squad, little or no sellable assests and a shitpit of a stadium that's had fuck all done to it for years plus a chairman that does just about enough to stave off relegation each season.
Same as the Bees, proper run club.

As a Southampton supporter 😱 I reckon the two clubs that come out with any real credit are Brighton and Brentford.

Same as the Bees, proper run club.
I was thinking that as i typed. They had/ have a plan and are carrying that out in fine fashion and without risking the clubs existence in the process. We now have one of your former emplayee's in Steve Kavanagh. Slowly slowly we can see where the club want to go and how they're going to try and go about it. Self sustaining is the way forward. We've bought a gem from Holland who i reckon has a bright future. I suppose we'll get a season or three out of him before he moves on and the club profits. Rinse and repeat and hope for the best.

Top of the league; eight goals for, two against. I'm still loving BHA! Next up West Ham, and then the Europa league draw on Sept 1st (we've got our group stage home tickets already...still pinching myself).

Cheers and UTA - Louis MacNeice

Have a soft spot for Albion after living in Hove ( actually ) Also love their blueprint for finding talent and cashing in meaning the club are self sufficient. You obviously have to keep finding those gems but it's the way forward. My club have started to the same an now have scouts based in europe looking for the next star of the future.

All the best for the european tour :cool:

Ajax, Marseille and AEK Athens. Thats not that far off a Champs League group.
Unbelievably we are the bookies favourite to win the group! MacNeice junior and I may well go Amsterdam to watch the Albion. What a sentence to be able to write.

Anyway this afternoon it's Newcastle at the Amex. I predict goals from both teams.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

3 - 1 and what a performance! Really great display and result against a Champions league side, especially following the loss to West Ham.

Next home game is AEK Athens and could feature Ansu Fati on loan from Barcelona!

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Well I obviously jinxed it good and proper!

They defended brilliantly, only pressed where it mattered and took their three chances. We didn't defend well at set pieces, didn't create enough chances and failed to capitalise on those we did.

Next up in Europe are Marseille away...ouch!

Great if disappointing night - Louis MacNeice

Yes it was a tad disappointing. Either didnt play to their potential or werent allowed to. AEK are no mugs though. A tough lesson.

Back
Top Bottom