Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I love Brighton and Hove Albion

I'm a Man U fan, but disappointed for Brighton (if that makes any sense at all). You were the better team, though chances were pretty even. Not sure if De Gea actually did scuff up the spot before the missed pen, but he was being a twat. I'd love a 'shut the fuck up and get on your line' rule when pens are being taken. Awful for March and you were just unlucky that United finally got a shootout right.
Got to be honest mate, no, it doesn't make any sense. I know the FA Cup has been devalued, going back to the year united pulled out of it to play in the World Club cup, but it's still the FA Cup and if you have sympathy for the losing opposition then I'd say a). you're not really a Man U fan in the real sense or b). you are horrifically patronising.
Football is built on pantomime hatred, keep up.

Got to be honest mate, no, it doesn't make any sense. I know the FA Cup has been devalued, going back to the year united pulled out of it to play in the World Club cup, but it's still the FA Cup and if you have sympathy for the losing opposition then I'd say a). you're not really a Man U fan in the real sense or b). you are horrifically patronising.
Football is built on pantomime hatred, keep up.
It's been devalued since it stopped being the FA Cup you're clearly not really a football fan in the real sense just horribly patronizing :rolleyes:

Emirates FA Cup :facepalm:

Enjoyed the game but BHA deserved more.

It's been devalued since it stopped being the FA Cup you're clearly not really a football fan in the real sense just horribly patronizing :rolleyes:

Emirates FA Cup :facepalm:

Enjoyed the game but BHA deserved more.

Prefixing some corporate name to it has done far less damage to the FA Cup than the top team at the time deeming it not worthy of playing in compared to the World Club cup. That said, the biggest devaluer has been the FA moving the semis to Wembley, but then they're happy enough to ruin their own comp if the money is good enough.
Shame for Brighton, but I have to admit seeing United get humiliated by their local rival is kind of worth it.

Prefixing some corporate name to it has done far less damage to the FA Cup than the top team at the time deeming it not worthy of playing in compared to the World Club cup. That said, the biggest devaluer has been the FA moving the semis to Wembley, but then they're happy enough to ruin their own comp if the money is good enough.
Shame for Brighton, but I have to admit seeing United get humiliated by their local rival is kind of worth it.
Selling the name to Littlewoods, AXA, E.ON, Budweiser and finally a repressive regime does less damage than some team not playing in it one year? I lost interest when it became Littlewoods Cup, you're clearly more forgiving (I wouldn't actually be bothered aside from your stupid "a). you're not really a Man U fan in the real sense or b). you are horrifically patronising.a). you're not really a Man U fan in the real sense or b). you are horrifically patronising." comment)

which is actually horrifically patronising. :)

The other way of seeing the FA moving the semis to Wembley is that it gave BHA and Sheffield United the chance to play the semi-final at Wembley. :thumbs:

Selling the name to Littlewoods, AXA, E.ON, Budweiser and finally a repressive regime does less damage than some team not playing in it one year? I lost interest when it became Littlewoods Cup, you're clearly more forgiving (I wouldn't actually be bothered aside from your stupid "a). you're not really a Man U fan in the real sense or b). you are horrifically patronising.a). you're not really a Man U fan in the real sense or b). you are horrifically patronising." comment)

which is actually horrifically patronising. :)

The other way of seeing the FA moving the semis to Wembley is that it gave BHA and Sheffield United the chance to play the semi-final at Wembley. :thumbs:

Giving more teams a chance to play at Wembley, even though it isn't a final, is the very quintessence of devaluing the FA Cup :)

The fact is: call it what you want, that doesn't matter, but having the top team drop out cos they can get a better pay day in a different comp devalues it. Playing semi finals at the venue traditionally reserved only for the finalists, devalues it. Having some sponsor prefix the tournament name means nothing.

Man United aren't the top team any more. Get over it :thumbs: If they value the money more, then that's down to them.

Having some sponsor prefix the tournament devalues it because it's not the FA Cup any more, it's some other repressive regime's cup because they have lots of cash to buy the name (you don't find that important?).

So, for example, it's not clear what's the FA Cup and what's the League Cup - or sorry is that the EFL Cup or the Carabao Cup?

Man United aren't the top team any more. Get over it :thumbs: If they value the money more, then that's down to them.

Having some sponsor prefix the tournament devalues it because it's not the FA Cup any more, it's some other repressive regime's cup because they have lots of cash to buy the name (you don't find that important?).

So, for example, it's not clear what's the FA Cup and what's the League Cup - or sorry is that the EFL Cup or the Carabao Cup?

I'm well aware that United aren't a top team anymore (in terms of performance anyway - in revenue and support, that's a different bag) but they certainly were when they devalued the FA Cup. As for your point about not knowing if it's the league cup or the FA Cup - 😂. The fact that we're calling it the FA Cup and we know it isn't the league cup kind of makes that point a bit daft.
And to the bigger point about who cares? Well, from a moral perspective some might, but will United or City fans give a fuck when it comes to the final? Will any of the past winners care, or even remember, who sponsored it when they won it?
Come on mate, let's not be silly about this.
xx

The revenue might be important to you, it's how they play that's important to me. I've seen Aston Kidd Charlton Law and Best play in the same forward line you don't tell me about United being the top team :spit:

And it's not the FA Cup or the League Cup if they've sold the rights, it's the Cup who they've sold the rights to.

By the way I wouldn't have said anything if it weren't for your stupid post telling someone what sort of supporter they should be. :facepalm:

The revenue might be important to you, it's how they play that's important to me. I've seen Aston Kidd Charlton Law and Best play in the same forward line you don't tell me about United being the top team :spit:

And it's not the FA Cup or the League Cup if they've sold the rights, it's the Cup who they've sold the rights to.

By the way I wouldn't have said anything if it weren't for your stupid post telling someone what sort of supporter they should be. :facepalm:
Steady on, less of the insults. At your age you should be keeping calm not getting all het up and confused.

I never said revenue was important to me, I’m merely pointing out the facts. I think you’re also confused about who I support: I’d support the Adolf Hitler memorial select XI after they’d just all walked dog shit into my new white carpet over United.

:facepalm: is not :confused: young whippersnapper, but if you'd a bit more experience of the real world you might know that

and anyone who has a white carpet deserves everything they get :)

I have just watched that whole game and I am absolutely gutted for Brighton. My son is a fan and I have managed to secure tickets for the Forest game on Wednesday which should make up for his disappointment (but add to mine).
Sorry folks, it didn't. The Brighton fans I spoke to were all really sound though.

I woke up with a few minutes to go and the commentators said it's one of those matches where they could play all night and never score. To score like that was poetic justice.

Back
Top Bottom