Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How about we have a little Morecambe or Blackpool meet up one day over the summer?

What dates shall we meet to drink ALL the booze?

• Saturday 13th August

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 20th August

• Saturday 27th August

• Total voters
This is a familiar and comforting #shambles on the organisation front :)

I can do December, I imagine :thumbs: I have got to finish moving in late Sept and that is the last Important Thing in my diary for 2016, and I intend to sit quite still for the rest of the year. I'll be spent by then, but probably thirsty and just about able to get a train to some new exciting northern place :cool:

The words Blackpool and exciting don't naturally sit together in any normal sentence, so don't get your hopes up...

Edited because there's a whole page of game changing nonsense since I started the post.

I'll see what I can do. January is better for me tbh :curveball:

Mr appointed organiser,

we can have a Manchester meet even if not everyone is ready, and we have other meets later.

It seems unless someone comes up with perfect it won't happen. Scruffy is good too.

For a Manchester meet up we could wander round the art galleries, or the industry museum and have some nice food before we got wasted. No rollercoasters though.

Mither me, and I'll come up with a plan. Including the gallery thing, a steam engine or two and a drunken mess.

There is a pub over the road that does rooms for out of towners who can't find crash space.

Mr/Ms Mauvais, I approve of your Lichtenstein, and will happy to do that den's dragon thing with you.

Last edited:
No reply yet, so I nominate the 24th for a Manchester meet.

We start in the pub for people to arrive (pub to be decided).

Then Mauvais' suggestion of Vogue 100: A Century of Style | Manchester Art Gallery

Then another drink and some stream trains at the Museum of Science and Industry (Not time to see the whole place, but a few steam trains keeps you rooted).

Later on there is this Chorlton Irish Club - Bop Local

Any other suggestions welcome.

What do you think?

24th & weekend I'm down south for a wedding unfortunately - one of the few dates I can't make as it stands. Although don't let my absence stop you.

You'll get more interest if you start a separate thread.

Let's move it the next week (no bop local then), and you can start the new thread. I'll think of a good pub near the gallery. I have been here I while, but I don't know many urbs in real life.

We won't have difficulty for somewhere to have a few drinks later.

Back
Top Bottom