Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

HMHB Manc Academy February....ok still a few months off yet, but I have bought me tickets and am very excited. And I will be taking oven gloves this time damnit :mad: :D

Well, I'm hoping I'll enjoy NIN cos I used to be into them. But I know fuck all about DJ Shadow. Studentdy dance music isn't it?!

Onket said:
Bugger, did I miss a sludgefeast gig?! :mad:

The one I know of is Friday 22nd December at the Windmill. They don't seem to have been doing so many gigs lately but james is rather handily in town that weekend for Iron Maiden!

Onket said:
Well, I'm hoping I'll enjoy NIN cos I used to be into them. But I know fuck all about DJ Shadow. Studentdy dance music isn't it?!

just dull.. fine at home but live? 'Saw' him at Electric Picnic. I wandered off about the same time half the rest of the crowd did :(

Brilliant. Looking forward to that one then.

By the way, whoever said I shouldn't have bothered going to Southampton to see Pendulum- You were right, it was shit. :mad:

Dubversion said:
just dull.. fine at home but live? 'Saw' him at Electric Picnic. I wandered off about the same time half the rest of the crowd did :(

Yeah, caught half of his show at O2 in the summer and it just wasn't doing anything for me at all :(

Onket said:
Brilliant. Looking forward to that one then.

By the way, whoever said I shouldn't have bothered going to Southampton to see Pendulum- You were right, it was shit. :mad:

Well, that's Southampton for you. How were Pendulum?

:p

Dubversion said:
Well, that's Southampton for you. How were Pendulum?

:p

The whole fucking trip was a debacle!

Anyway, Sludgefeast on Friday 22nd December at the Windmill is now in the diary, thanks for that.

Wide Eyed Angel said:
Like I could wee a little! Haha, not long now! Saw them opening night in Nottingham last time, I'm hoping Santa thinks I deserve the dvd of that tour when it's out in a couple of weeks! :D I'd imagine seeing them in Harrods would be quite surreal though?

it was a bit surreal, and I didn't really take it all in - I read the girls aloud forum afterwards and realised that I hadn't really taken much of it in at all - apparently cheryl's shoe fell off, I was completely oblivious to the fact. it was just all too exciting to be noticing things like that :D

sojourner said:
HMHB Manc Academy February....ok still a few months off yet, but I have bought me tickets and am very excited. And I will be taking oven gloves this time damnit :mad: :D

Cheers for the heads up on this. Off down there now to get my tickets, will be a top Xmas present for the young un. :)

Tank Girl said:
it was a bit surreal, and I didn't really take it all in - I read the girls aloud forum afterwards and realised that I hadn't really taken much of it in at all - apparently cheryl's shoe fell off, I was completely oblivious to the fact. it was just all too exciting to be noticing things like that :D
Haha, I think the forum notices too much! Though always hand, it never matters if you're not close enough to take good live photos as somewhere there is pretty much bound to have, possibly complete with video!!

:) I'm off to see Bassment Jaxx on the 30th in celerbration of my imminant birthday - should be a really good night coz madamV and sparklefish will be there! Woohoo finally gonna meet some urbs:cool:

Last night I saw Blackout who were, as usual, the shit :cool:

Monday I am going to see Motorhead

Tuesday week I am going to see the Levellers

Got a few on the horizon

Friday - secret Broken Family Band gig.
Sunday - back To The Planet
17th - Snuff / Leatherface
21st - half man half biscuit

who said my tastes are stuck in the past? :D :D

Have got tix for the following next year ...

NIN @ Nottingham Arena
My Brightest Diamond @ Bush Hall
The Decemberists @ Shepherds Bush Empire
Eagle*Seagull @ Water Rats
Joe Lally @ Lumanaire
Joanna Newsom @ Barbican
ATP - fans pick weekend @ Butlins, Somerset (Ft's Shellac, Dubversion :) )
Explosions in the Sky @ Koko

... always find it a bit strange booking tix for the following year - makes 'em seem sooooooo far away! :D

Onket said:

DJ Shadow is pretty damn good, a turntablist. Not what I would call studenty shite.

Back
Top Bottom