Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Bomber said:
I'm more than a little bit excited at seeing Richard Hawley at The Glee Club in Birmingham next month

he's fucking brilliant. Not the most RAWK live performer but it's a good show

Dubversion said:
he's fucking brilliant. Not the most RAWK live performer but it's a good show

Yeah? Only just got into his stuff and I love it, also the Glee Club is an intimate litlle place which should suit him prefectly I reckon.

christonabike said:
Here's the info, then:

Max Romoe and the Charmax Players, plus the Trojan Sound System

Sunday 9th April

Gerrin!

:)

Cheers!

*Plans trip Darn Sarf', thinks of excuse to tell Missus why I'm disapearing for the weekend ............

Tank Girl said:
hurray, no having to go to see the sugababes to keep milesy sweet :D

one of my upcoming joys is taking the teenager to see the kaiser chiefs.

I think I shall take up residence at the bar :)

are you going Fri or Sat ? I`m taking my 14 yo daughter and her friend .

minimal electronic audio-visual goodness

Ryoji Ikeda, alva noto (Carsten Nicolai), Robert Henke aka Monolake (scroll down to the 2nd thing) in the tate modern turbine hall, doing combined music/visuals stuff.

I'm really excited about this; should be frikkin' good. Saw Ryoji Ikeda do summat at the Barbican last week & it was amazing; tight, tight coordination between sound & visuals, & really extreme pure-electronic sounds. Mighty, mighty bass combined with sine-wave tones, bursts of static, clicks & rumbles. After the first 50-minute piece I felt like my head had been cleaned out with a brillo pad (in the best possible way!).

The other two should be good too; Monolake's doing some collaborative thing; live performance with a guy in berlin, thru' some custom software he's got, & alva noto's videos on his site look pretty nice too, but then I'd expect anything involved with Raster Noton (their record label) to be pretty exacting when it came to visuals.

Other than that, I *was* excited about seeing the Flaming Lips @ the Albert Hall, but am now invited to friend's wedding reception that evening, so can't make it :(

Levellers tour

Wed 29th Cardiff – Coal Exchange 02920 230130 www.coalexchange.co.uk
Thur 30th Dorking – Dorking Halls 01306 881717 www.dorkinghalls.co.uk
Fri 31st Reading – Hexagon 0118 9606060 www.readingarts.com This gig is being filmed for a Live Levellers DVD to be released later this year

April
Sat 1st Sunderland - Manor Quay 0191 3830745 www.gigbox.co.uk
Sun 2nd Cheltenham – Town Hall 01242 227979 www.cheltenhamtownhall.org.uk
Thur 27th (Acoustic) Dublin - Whelans +353(0)14780766 www.ticketmaster.ie
Fir 28th Belfast - Spring & Airbrake +353(0)14780766 www.ticketmaster.ie
Sat 29th Dublin - Temple Bar Music Centre +353(0)14780766 www.ticketmaster.ie (With special guest Blood or Whiskey www.bloodorwhiskey.ie/

I'm going to see the Levellers on 1st April, Australian Pink Floyd on 5th April and The Datsuns on 21st April.

I go to no gigs for ages then I have three in the space of a month!

trying to decide if can afford to go and see Howe Gelb supported by the Handsome Family in Brighton in May. They're both playing in London separately, but I think seeing them on one bill would be great.

Zodiac Mindwarp are sup[porting the very mediocre Love/Hate . May be worth turning up for support then buggering off !

so my current list is Flamings Lips, Calexico, Broken Family Band, Revd Horton Heat, The Dresden Dolls :D

and judging by the fact that Shellac are playing some European festivals, i think they're on their way too :)

Savage Henry said:
Zodiac Mindwarp are sup[porting the very mediocre Love/Hate . May be worth turning up for support then buggering off !
Love/Hate.. Fuck me are they still around?

Is Jizzy Pearl still in the band? I may be keen.

I don't know if there are any Miss Black America fans around here, but they're playing in London this month. It'd be nice if there was someone to join me!

Back
Top Bottom