Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Horse Meat found in Tesco Beefburgers

Dont they have kitchens in schools any more? Or are there just a bank of microwave ovens? Serious question.

Given the apathy many in Britain have shown towards the idea that they may have been eating Trigger, I fully expect a supermarket to start selling clip clop sometime soon labelled as clip clop I mean. The only questions are: 1) which supermarket will it be? and 2) will it contain any beef?

Dont know about apathy, loads of people are shunning supermarket ready meals in favour of local butchers
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21449140

Consultancy firm Kantar polled 6,221 people on 11 February - the day Tesco confirmed some of its spaghetti bolognaise products contained horsemeat.
Their results suggested one third of consumers were less likely to buy processed meat because of the horsemeat scandal, with 13% saying they intended to buy more locally sourced meat, and 5% intending to buy less meat altogether.

Given the apathy many in Britain have shown towards the idea that they may have been eating Trigger, I fully expect a supermarket to start selling clip clop sometime soon labelled as clip clop I mean. The only questions are: 1) which supermarket will it be? and 2) will it contain any beef?

freind of mine has horse on order. will be selling horse jerky in a few weeks

In today's private eye:

'Findus ready meals for one: Lasagne' is an anagram of 'feed your diners lame nags an' foals.'

:D

Just throwing it out there but isnt it cheaper to make it themselves?
Disclaimer: I have no kids and its years since I was at school.

Not really, by the time you factor in the wages of the people making them. Plus it takes more skill to cook food from scratch, rather then just throw it in the ovens.

Not really, by the time you factor in the wages of the people making them. Plus it takes more skill to cook food from scratch, rather then just throw it in the ovens.

Schools also don't have the buying power (or the will probably) to force down material costs in the way the supermarkets and large manufacturers do.

South African Meat Products Found to Contain Donkey, Goat
By Janice Kew & Jaco Visser - Feb 26, 2013 6:12 PM GMT
More than two-thirds of meat samples from South African supermarkets contained unlabeled traces of donkey, goat or water buffalo, a study by university academics found.
Of 139 samples of meat, 68 percent tested positive for ingredients other than those declared on the packaging, according to an article made public yesterday by the University of Stellenbosch. The study follows the recall of several meat products across Europe, including by British retailer Tesco Plc (TSCO), after it was discovered they contained horse DNA.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...n-south-african-meat-products-study-says.html

I've never understood why people buy cheap corned beef.
Beef, even in its cheapest mashed up state, is very expensive compared to other meats. And for the price, you could buy a lot nicer, less mashed up, other animal.

Because corned beef hash is the food of the gods and feeds 4 for a couple of quid.

It's no more expensive than tinned tuna and it tastes nice. What more reason would you need?

Because corned beef hash is the food of the gods and feeds 4 for a couple of quid.

It's no more expensive than tinned tuna and it tastes nice. What more reason would you need?
You're right. It is more expensive as tuna. Am surprised. I stopped buying beef and tuna as part of my regular shop, ages a go.

There are cheaper options that are nicer in food. 80p for half a KG of cooking bacon. Or half a KG of chicken wings for a quid.

I want corned beef hash now.

Reactions: ymu
Back
Top Bottom