Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

I reckon the flag waving masses on the Mall will be doing whatever classes as performative mourning in this country (don’t some cultures tear their hair out and throw dirt up in the air?) quite soon.

So definitely not dead then. But this is interesting and to be fair very well done. Some people are seeing it as a coded message (it had not occurred to me but it is plausible) what with Paddington Bear being an undocumented migrant. Other interpretations may be contrived according to your levels of cynicism:

Right at the end, the picture freezes and I hear a short burst of machine-gun fire.

Looking at that photo, it's Charles who looks worse. He's 73 years old, still not King, he's spent another big ticket weekend as a spectator. He must be aware that the celebration focussed only on his mother, not on the crown. He must be aware that it could all crash around him. He must know that the vase in his grasp is priceless and it's a very slippery floor...

She looks very very weak and thin.

I, for one, am getting on a plane to a non-commonwealth country the moment the glorified old dole bludger finally does the decent thing and meets her maker. These 4 days have been hellish in the UK. And that was just for 70 years of 'service'. This will be Diana x100 and there's no way I can cope with that.

I, for one, am getting on a plane to a non-commonwealth country the moment the glorified old dole bludger finally does the decent thing and meets her maker. These 4 days have been hellish in the UK. And that was just for 70 years of 'service'. This will be Diana x100 and there's no way I can cope with that.

I've barely noticed. 4 days off was the only affect it had on me and we should get that when she dies anyway.

She's 96 or whatever, you basically just vanish onto skin and bone at that age.

No need to do that, order in pizza and binge on Netflix and Amazon prime

It would appear that something has died looking at this photo from today.

59019459-10911649-image-m-323_1655136375873.jpg

As of today she is now the second longest serving monarch ever, behind Louis XIV. Needs another 2 years or so to beat his record. Based on that picture she won’t make it.

However judging from the picture she’s taken action to stop Charles getting his hands upon the crown by removing them!

We will be certain to know all about it when she dies. There will be nothing else on TV and radio for weeks. I will switch off from news for a week or two at least.

When she dies I want to know. It is news. But I can be told all I need to know in two minutes. All the other hours of sycophantic shite I can do without.

Length of reign is a pointless stat, because generally monarchs don't get challenged, and the ones who've been doing it for ages generally benefit from the early death of their predecessor.

Back
Top Bottom