Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

(I should probably point out that I am not some horse racing fanatic, I just concern myself more with the untold human misery it causes in terms of gambling and the sometimes horrific exploitation of people who work in the industry)

If the Queen was crowned in 1953 why is this year the Jubilee?

her reign as queen started at the moment that her father died, in 1952

Coronations take time. The Archbishop of Canterbury didn't force his way into the hospital room and force the crown on her head ...Sadly, as that would have been hilarious.

although that would be more efficient.

edward 8 never had a coronation before he quit the job, but he was still king for just under a year. there are a handful of post boxes and public buildings that show E VIII R and the original deeds of mum-tat's house were signed in his name (the place was crown land before they built on it) - presume he had someone to do the actual signing for him, though. and i think that stamps and coins with his picture on them did start to get issued.

So definitely not dead then. But this is interesting and to be fair very well done. Some people are seeing it as a coded message (it had not occurred to me but it is plausible) what with Paddington Bear being an undocumented migrant. Other interpretations may be contrived according to your levels of cynicism:

So definitely not dead then. But this is interesting and to be fair very well done. Some people are seeing it as a coded message (it had not occurred to me but it is plausible) what with Paddington Bear being an undocumented migrant. Other interpretations may be contrived according to your levels of cynicism:

Yes, we call these people fucking lunatics

Yes, we call these people fucking lunatics
Tbh I really don't pay that much attention to Queen-related things but after a quick Google search the idea appears to be relatively mainstream:

Back
Top Bottom