Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

My town is now festooned with flags of all the commonwealth nations, a handful of union flags and a Ukraine one. It looks a mess and all down the high street you can hear people bickering over why these flags are there, very few people seem to get the commonwealth connection. If I get drunk enough one night I might stick up a couple of Russian ones.
My youngest sister's husband has this MASSIVE England flag that he drapes across the front of their house during World/European Cups etc. It's so big that he has to string the ends out of both front bedroom windows. My sister hates it and has threatened to burn it on more than one occasion, I'll have to ask if he intends to crack it out for the Jubilee.

slough is short for the slough of despond, made famous by john bunyan in pilgrim's progress

but slough is sl-ow not sluff

e2a: slough rhymes with cow

sluff is a less common spelling variant of Slough "the cast off skin of a snake"

also as I used to lived down the road from Slough it will always be going to sluff to me

My youngest sister's husband has this MASSIVE England flag that he drapes across the front of their house during World/European Cups etc. It's so big that he has to string the ends out of both front bedroom windows. My sister hates it and has threatened to burn it on more than one occasion, I'll have to ask if he intends to crack it out for the Jubilee.
Christ, he sounds like a right fucking knob :D

Reactions: Ax^
Never been to Slough, but I instinctively feel some empathy for the denizens since a posho vermin scum candidate I was arguing with once told me that his old school was "Slough Comp."; of course the cunt went to Eton.
Eton, and indeed Windsor Castle, has a Slough postcode.

Monarchy is a crime against the working class

She had better hot pop it over the holiday weekend and ruin it for everyone

Hot-poop on Deeside is that she will be relocated to Balmoral, just after the Jubilee celebrations are over and will be spending a lot more time there.

Apparently Craigowan Lodge - her "other" residence on the estate has had a lot of work done on it over the winter to accommodate her needs.

slough is short for the slough of despond, made famous by john bunyan in pilgrim's progress

but slough is sl-ow not sluff

e2a: slough rhymes with cow
Come friendly bombs and fall on Liz!
Who isn't fit, to rule us now
There isn't time to scrape and bow.
Swarm over, Death!
Come, bombs and blow to smithereens
That sweatless Andy Prince who preens,
Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans,
Tinned minds, tinned breath.

Back
Top Bottom