Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

Other than the tat for sale behind the counter in the corner shop I haven't seen any jubilee bunting round here at all. The only flags round here are still Ukrainian ones, even the guy who flew the Union Jack at half mast during Phil The Greeks funeral.
We will wait and see if there is an outbreak next week.

i really resent the fact they've called crossrail the elizabeth line - first of all the london accent makes it a struggle to say EL IZ A BETH and i dread the day it starts getting called the lizzy line...also ffs they call everything the elizabeth this and that - at least that depressing bridge over industrial dartford (The Queen Elizabeth II Bridge) captures some of the misery of the monarchy :)

i really resent the fact they've called crossrail the elizabeth line - first of all the london accent makes it a struggle to say EL IZ A BETH and i dread the day it starts getting called the lizzy line...also ffs they call everything the elizabeth this and that - at least that depressing bridge over industrial dartford (The Queen Elizabeth II Bridge) captures some of the misery of the monarchy :)
Lizbuff line.

there's loads of stuff named after her

My town is now festooned with flags of all the commonwealth nations, a handful of union flags and a Ukraine one. It looks a mess and all down the high street you can hear people bickering over why these flags are there, very few people seem to get the commonwealth connection. If I get drunk enough one night I might stick up a couple of Russian ones.

Back
Top Bottom