Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

As Fozzie has already posted Glanville's Tweet, I'll just add this excerpt from an email which was sent to all Hackney Council Staff yesterday.

Message from Interim Chief Executive, Dawn Carter-McDonald

Dear colleagues,

This afternoon, I have accepted the resignation of the Mayor of Hackney, Philip Glanville. The Mayor’s final day of office will be Friday 22nd September 2023. I want to take this opportunity to thank the outgoing Mayor for the seven years of service as the Elected Mayor of Hackney and the seventeen years he has given to the borough and its residents as an elected politician.

In line with the Council’s constitution, the Statutory Deputy Mayor, Cllr Anntoinette Bramble, will continue to act in the Mayor’s place for as long as is necessary. A mayoral election is likely to take place in the coming weeks, and I will provide more information as soon as I am able to...

been squatted quite a few times....last time just before Covid or so iirc. They tried to set up some sort of community hub / activity centre then. I liked their approach and ideas.

So wonder what happens next. She gets suspended from Labour or something? I means she's presumably not going to voluntarily leave..?
Well if they select another candidate she can run as an independent. But my guess is she won’t as the rumour is that she isn’t in good health.

Well if they select another candidate she can run as an independent. But my guess is she won’t as the rumour is that she isn’t in good health.
Two adjoining seats with longstanding, very popular MPs with huge majorities -- surely Labour aren't dumb enough for that...?

Two adjoining seats with longstanding, very popular MPs with huge majorities -- surely Labour aren't dumb enough for that...?
Well… probably a parachuted in candidate would still get elected? Especially if Abbott didn’t run as an independent.

And she’s unpopular with the wider tabloid reading public so Sir Kieieier gets to look tough on the left.

Someone lying on the zebra crossing at junction of Manse/Rectory Rd about an hour ago, don't know what happened as was on a bus, the rozzers were there but didn't notice any car pulled up so may have been a hit and run.

Someone lying on the zebra crossing at junction of Manse/Rectory Rd about an hour ago, don't know what happened as was on a bus, the rozzers were there but didn't notice any car pulled up so may have been a hit and run.
I'd say it'd be in the local news but a couple of weeks ago, there was a massive ambulance/police presence in Amhurst Road (one ambulance, two ambulance response cars, one of those doctor trauma response cars, loads of police cars and a block of flats all taped off with a police guard) and there was no mention in the news at all. (I heard a couple of people who lived in that block say there'd been a stabbing and there was blood everywhere but who knows. :()

I'd say it'd be in the local news but a couple of weeks ago, there was a massive ambulance/police presence in Amhurst Road (one ambulance, two ambulance response cars, one of those doctor trauma response cars, loads of police cars and a block of flats all taped off with a police guard) and there was no mention in the news at all. (I heard a couple of people who lived in that block say there'd been a stabbing and there was blood everywhere but who knows. :()
honestly, I'm so sick and tired of it. How often and how normal it seems to be. Scary shit.

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom