Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thornton Heath Chitter Chatter Thread

I'm in CR, which wouldn't bother me much except that a few doors up, in the same street, is SE.

But I'm not in Thornton Heath. :D

there's places in cr7 a lot further north than se25, so it's all a nonsense!
Are there? I didn't know that.

I am in CR0, which extends several miles south. Recently, when I was sorting out a health issue, I was told that the nearest clinic was some miles away in a place I have never visited. When I said that I was close to SE25, they checked again, and found a clinic round the corner and an easy walk away.

There seems to be a perception that CR0 is outside of London and has nothing to do with London :)

Also, because I am CR and not SE, I can't get any of the takeaways in Crystal Palace (or Gipsy Hill in the case of my favourite Indian restaurant - the Indian Dining Club) because their database says they will deliver to SE25 but not CR0.

Also, because I am CR and not SE, I can't get any of the takeaways in Crystal Palace (or Gipsy Hill in the case of my favourite Indian restaurant - the Indian Dining Club) because their database says they will deliver to SE25 but not CR0.
CR7, not CRO. Cr7 (thornton heath) stretches right up to norbury.

CR7, not CRO. Cr7 (thornton heath) stretches right up to norbury.
Yes, I know - I saw that you said that CR7. I was just continuing the conversation about how aggrieved I am about being in CR0 :)

And yes - good point about CR7 extending to Norbury - I didn't know that, though. I knew about Thornton Heath being CR7, but didn't realise how far north it went.

lot of chit chat and anticipation about what the old HSBC will be.Bids were in on Friday.

my moneys on a barbers or bookies.

Ok... I want this house (and it's Beulah Hill rather than the Heath)

I want to explore the cellars. Plus it was lived in by the key local historian.
Nice! I don't like the interior decor, though.

And I would have to share with lots of people who liked doing housework - imagine all the chores! :eek: :)

Who is the key local historian?

The police were chasing armed robbers around Thornton Heath on Monday.

Armed police in South Norwood 'armed robbery' - recap of events
Mrs B was on the bus over to Lewisham when this was going on. When she texted me to find out what was happening was at that part of the afternoon when they were re-opening the road after the earlier Portland Rd RTA, the emergency services were rushing to the rail carriage fire at W Croydon and the flying squad were after the robbers! Took her quite a while to get to Lewisham!:D

regen works finally started on high street and antic is going ahead.

those halal butchers are something else. The stuff they sell is incredible. Just wish I knew how to cook with all those different things!

regen works finally started on high street and antic is going ahead.

those halal butchers are something else. The stuff they sell is incredible. Just wish I knew how to cook with all those different things!
Which bit?
Do mean the Thomas Farely?

There goes gentrification if antic are moving in:(

I wish it could have all the shops occupied like Sydenham high street without being taken over by incoming g people (like myself
:rolleyes:)

Do you have a favourite shop? I now go to the same one next to niazi bros. Otherwise it gets confusing with every shop selling the same things . They are very friendly in there. I use that bit of the high street the most. I really like the high street

I don't think antic will make too much of a difference. It's sad when a half decent pub correlates with rising rents and house prices though, I know what you mean.

fan of the high street too. Fav shop is cornfield bakery and I like the polish deli. Jam rock too. Hate to say it but like the Costa too. The custom is always broadly reflective of the town, and its nice for youngsters, pensioners etc. Ybr bakery do a decent coffee too. Pound lad. It's all good.

yes, Farley for antic. Deal done apparently.

it'll be interesting to see what HSBC becomes. Anything other than a bookies will do me.

Back
Top Bottom