Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Walthamstow Stoke Newington Chitter Chatter

It is. There is one field down a dead end that is often occupied by gentlemen taking part in gentlemens' pursuits which can be surprising to stumble across but a nice walk.
I think you are referring to what I call The BlackBerry Triangle :hmm: Up where the rail lines converge ? We stumbled upon some activity there one summer :eek: It's fenced off now though .

It is called King Alfred's Triangle. It is Network Rail land.
that's amazing thank you... that is the kind of information you can't google. when i typed in "king alfred's triangle" I got this: Much better than the King Alfred - The Triangle, Burgess Hill Traveller Reviews - TripAdvisor

Top review:
Visited for the first time today with our daughter. The first thing you notice is that it's actually warm. The air and the water are slightly above body temperature so it's a pleasant experience.

So I imagine it must be talking about another place right

Many a fond memory of nights out at the rave-hole....

I popped down to a party that was going on last summer - after seeing a large number of likely looking suspects stumbling down Coppermill Lane. The music was hideous though, as was the mess that this lot were making, so I didn't stick around....

Couple of years ago we were nearby and mrs21 was looking for butterflies, someone had mentioned a little meadow that is near the walkway that leads from the Lea Bridge Round to the triangle. We cut through some trees and bushes, discovered a filthy mattress, an area that smelt of human shit (under a tree) found the meadow , but also discovered a little camp with some Polish guys drinking beer around a fire - they didn't seem happy that we had found them :hmm:

and they seem to have put off the butterflies too

It's OK, the decor is the best bit. The Victoria, the pub above there that you go upstairs to, is a great place on a Friday night. Also the Wild Card Brewery and the Gin Palace on the Shernhall estate are worth a look.
A lot of the pubs in the village have rules about kids, but Nags Head woman is so rude about it. And I think she sends her staff to rude lessons too. I never go there either any more.
My Walthamstow mates got me a selection of Wild Card beers for my birthday a few weeks ago :thumbs: they sell Wild Card at the strange bar/café/interiors shop in Clapton - called Convenience , been there a few times, not really sure what it is meant to be. The owner , an American Woman told me she opened it in Clapton as it reminded her of Brooklyn :confused:

My Walthamstow mates got me a selection of Wild Card beers for my birthday a few weeks ago :thumbs: they sell Wild Card at the strange bar/café/interiors shop in Clapton - called Convenience , been there a few times, not really sure what it is meant to be. The owner , an American Woman told me she opened it in Clapton as it reminded her of Brooklyn :confused:
There is a Clapton Craft Beer shop on Hoe St now. I defy anyone to make a meaningful comparison between Hoe St and Brooklyn.

On another note, they've announced the dates for the Walthamstow Festival (aka Garden Party). 16 and 17 July. Not the line up yet, but it's been pretty decent in past years. In fact, an all-round excellent do in the two (or is it three now) years since it's been running.

There is a Clapton Craft Beer shop on Hoe St now. I defy anyone to make a meaningful comparison between Hoe St and Brooklyn.

I've never been to Brooklyn so I couldn't possibly comment :D - a chum got me a £20 voucher for Clapton Craft on Hoe Street for my birthday - it didn't go far, but mmmm, have to say the few beers it covered were fucking lush.

I've never been to Brooklyn so I couldn't possibly comment :D - a chum got me a £20 voucher for Clapton Craft on Hoe Street for my birthday - it didn't go far, but mmmm, have to say the few beers it covered were fucking lush.
I do like the Clapton Craft beer place in Clapton, something I never imagined opening about 5 years ago :D

Back
Top Bottom