Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thornton Heath Chitter Chatter Thread

Wow!

The photos are all a bit odd - the perspective doesn't look right in them. I don't know whether that is an estate agent thing to make rooms look bigger or something, but it all looks a bit peculiar.

I think it's probably a wide angle lense and a lot of tweaking. I didn't think any of the very big houses on the street were still left as one property.

I think it's probably a wide angle lense and a lot of tweaking. I didn't think any of the very big houses on the street were still left as one property.
Oddly, this one has got two kitchens, so maybe it was two flats? Or maybe it was just a granny flat?

Go and see it :)

Toss up between thus and the Croydon thread....Turkish Food Centre*:thumbs:

Pleasure to do my holiday food shop -had everything I needed and no stuff to tempt unnecessarily
No massive crowd, no bad tempers
NO CHRISTMAS MUSIC:cool:
and very cheap

*sorry Penge Food Centre:oops: - I've moved on -no hard feelings

13371264.jpg

Mujaahid Wilson, 20, was stabbed to death outside a pizza shop in Thornton Heath on 14 March 2016.

Police and paramedics were called to reports of an assault on the High Street at around 8.30pm.

Mr Wilson, from Croydon, was pronounced dead at the scene and at postmortem the cause of death was established as a single stab wound to the heart.

Detectives said Mr Wilson was attacked after he got out of a Fiat Punto and approached one man in a group of nine or ten outside Mamma's Pizza.

A fight developed and spilled into the road and ended with the victim being stabbed. The suspect, described as black, aged around 18-25 and wearing dark clothing and a face mask, ran off into Gilsland Road.

On 7 June 2016 a 17 year-old man was charged with murder. He is due to stand trial at the Old Bailey on 5 December 2016.

Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8721 4205 or if you wish to remain anonymous Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

On 21 December 2016, 18 year-old Ashley Newman of Castland Street, Leatherhead, was found not guilty of the murder of Mujaahid Wilson following trial at the Old Bailey.

Newman, who was wearing a black hooded puffer jacket and had a scarf across his face at the time of the incident, accepted inflicting the fatal blow, but insisted he did not mean to kill or seriously injure Wilson.

He denied murder and manslaughter and was cleared of both charges.

They were caught on the CCTV outside Mama's Pizza's on Thornton Heath High Street squaring up to each other, before Wilson threw the first punch, the jury was told.

Although he missed, the two boys started grappling and Newman took a knife from his waistband and stabbed Wilson once to the chest.

The stab wound pierced Wilson's heart and he died a few minutes later.

A small black blade, believed to belong to Wilson, was found at the scene, the court heard.

Newman claimed he did not realise he had stabbed Wilson until Wilson started to run away towards the pizza shop while clutching his chest.

Thomas farley has been bought by antic.

be interesting to see how it does.

Will be watching with interest. You got a source for that? I've asked them for an update on the Norbury Mews site but heard nothing back.

Although its coffee is probably baked in the bones of orphans, i tend to use the Costa for my coffee fix :(

hearing stuff about the little place by the station opening up - that would be a great unit for a indy cafe.

Which unit is that Big Moaner?

I adopted Dinners Delight cafe as "my caff" when I was looking around here before I moved. They gave me credit the other day when I'd forgotten my purse so I am in:thumbs:

I don't drink coffee so don't have the same need for a good coffee

What is Blue and Orange coffee like?

Which unit is that Big Moaner?

I adopted Dinners Delight cafe as "my caff" when I was looking around here before I moved. They gave me credit the other day when I'd forgotten my purse so I am in:thumbs:

I don't drink coffee so don't have the same need for a good coffee

What is Blue and Orange coffee like?
it's very nice, sells Turkish food. Had some great dishes there.

However, never, ever go near their pizza. I don't know what they do to it, but what ever they do is not very nice #blurgh

It's the unit that is literally next to the station, with the little circle window above the door. IT's split over two levels, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom