Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

The cops have blocked you? You've got them running scared :thumbs:
There was a dispute about something I had posted about them which they wanted taken down. Very odd.

For balance I was also blocked by Hackney Momentum for a while after the lunatic running the account started a vendetta against my local Labour councillor who is actually quite sound as these people go. :thumbs:

Did anyone know that Sinead O'Connor once lived in Cedra Court off Cazenove Road in Clapton?! Just found out via the Stoke Newington FB page.

Same block that the Kray Twins once lived in!
I didn't know that, I knew the Krays lived there. There are a couple of similar blocks on that road - post war built? I like them.

I didn't know that, I knew the Krays lived there. There are a couple of similar blocks on that road - post war built? I like them.

Built in the 1930's, info here ...

Bananas growing in Hackney :D

I have actually seen some growing on a plant on a balcony of a flat in Pimlico some years ago so it's not a first for London.
Which reminds me, Hackney seems to have a lot of palm trees , see them a lot in Stamford Hill, and there is an enormous one in Clapton Sq - I know these don't have bananas - seems bizarre that they are around a lot.

Which reminds me, Hackney seems to have a lot of palm trees , see them a lot in Stamford Hill, and there is an enormous one in Clapton Sq - I know these don't have bananas - seems bizarre that they are around a lot.
Yes, I've noticed the abundance of palm trees in Hackney too - some growing in front gardens.
The Town Hall has a good display as well!

If the Evening Standard are saying it, it must have already happened.

Funnily enough , on a recent walk around the marshes , I did come across a wave at about 8am , and I was well outnumbered by the ravers.

I think I forgot to post about this here?

Quite a nice thing in a small gallery.

Some nice Centerprise books from the 1970s and 80s are now online courtesy of The Federation of Worker Writers and Community Publishers:

I liked this illustration from “The Interview” by Roger Mills:
IMG_1744.jpeg

There's this for the children....

The actual carnival returns in 2024 and then every 2 years....

is hackney carnival on or off or what this year?

There's this for the children....

The actual carnival returns in 2024 and then every 2 years....

Solution etc seem to be there

Update on this grim business.

It seems a bit unlikely that if you'd just found out a friend and housemate had been arrested that you wouldn't mention it when you were hanging out with them later that same day.

And it may be true he didn't know the full extent of the charges at that point but 'being in possession of child abuse images' would be enough for most people.

Back
Top Bottom