Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ghana versus USA (knockout)

toblerone3

Grrrrr
I'm looking foward to this one starting in half an hour. I fancy USA to take it. African sides have been poor in the tournament and Ghana are not so far a complete exception to this.

Hope it's better than the Korean game that was a bit flat.

I don't mind who wins but I'm slightly favoring the US.

USA 2 Ghana 1

I was always quite fond of the Yanks when it came to football, but after reading forums and seeing the videos of their reactions to beating Algeria during the week, I've realised just how fucking unbearable it'd be if they ever actually won the World Cup.

C'mon Ghana.

We are due for a good performance from an African side. So far African sides have played 18, Won just 3, drawn 5 and lost 10.

Why are all the yanks holding each others shoulders during their anthem?

And Clinton and the rest of the wankers all clutching their chest and looking dewy eyed into the distance. I fucking hate that.

Ghana's anthem is much more upbeat and jolly. Kick their imperialist arses Ghana!

Come on Ghana...

More i think about Americans with no footballing knowledge at all watching this thinking there team is the best in the world and expecting to hammer a Ghana team that they can;t even find on the map.... I would love it if they beat them.. love it!

The murricans have done their job, topping their group and making england go out to germany. Dunno where Ghana's goal(s) are going to come from but it should be a routine 1-0 win.

Come on Ghana...

More i think about Americans with no footballing knowledge at all watching this thinking there team is the best in the world and expecting to hammer a Ghana team that they can;t even find on the map.... I would love it if they beat them.. love it!

Sure, because you make a lot of assumptions about Americans and their knowledge of football. Or, their sense of "place" in the world.

Stereotypes ahoy :(

Sure, because you make a lot of assumptions about Americans and their knowledge of football. Or, their sense of "place" in the world.

Stereotypes ahoy :(

Aye and the more fans that are interviewed and can't even name two of there own players or Identify who they are playing nest fuels it more and more :p

I was always quite fond of the Yanks when it came to football, but after reading forums and seeing the videos of their reactions to beating Algeria during the week, I've realised just how fucking unbearable it'd be if they ever actually won the World Cup.

C'mon Ghana.

I've spent the last 2 weeks reading American newspapers online and it would indeed be unbearable if they ever got near to winning.

Hoping they get knocked out sharpish

Got'em right where we want them.

It's all psychological - let Ghana go ahead by 1. Ghana relaxes....

then WHAM! - tie it.

My 1-0 prediction looks safeish. But murrica will push up and Ghana might nick a 2nd on the counter. 65th minute. Something like that. Annan looks good in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom