Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

George Galloway unhappy at results

CHX0o8gXAAANu3V.jpg

I had a direct debit in place to a charity, paying £5.00/month between the ages of 19 and 24. What level of indiscretion does this amount of charitable giving absolve me off?

Not much. Drunkenly pissing on a politician's shoes, perhaps.

Is that hat some kind of old-school East End branding? Will he be dressing up as a Pearly King? Getting into grime?

I felt tempted to go to this to see what GG and Max Keiser actually said at this meeting.
Seemed pretty clear they wanted advance notice of attendance - and I feared that it would be very much what it said - a launch.
So anyone rash enough to attend as a spectator would end up being pressed for a large donation and made organiser for Brixton, or wherever.

Another question lurking at the back of my mind is this: have GG and Lee Jasper fallen out? Jasper never seems to mention respect these days, and I am pretty sure he endorsed the Green Party candidate where I live.

Anyway I decided against going to the launch since I could hardly see myself as a card carrying Respect party member. That would need a lot of political re-education on one side or the other.

Balance is fine, having a rounded opinion of somebody's faults and good points is what we should do. Dexter's is saying nothing of the sort though, he's saying donating his telly fee means we should ignore everything else, that we haven't got the right to criticise him. Both an illogical and, given the things he wants us to ignore, disgusting position.

It's another version of the 'Tommy Sheridan opposed warrant sales, so we have to ignore his [egotistical] destruction of the SSP'.

No it's not . Dexter was clearly referring in his post to the mockery of his appearance on that crap show , nothing else . He was defending that appearance on the grounds he gave his substantial fee to the Palestinian cause . He wasn't talking about anything else .

And now you've surpassed even that and dragged tommy Sheridan into it . Frankly you're just randomly muck spreading all over the place about a leftist who's infinitely more charismatic , appealing , popular and well travelled than yourself .

Personally I hope Galloway wins now , just for that .

I like max keiser too . He should be on telly more . He interviewed my ex a while back and if I knew shed be rubbing shoulders with him I'd have made sure not to break up with her .

Dexter! Quick, quick, an opportunity to clarify your position:

His position was perfectly clear IMHO , despite your attempts to muddy it . He referred solely to the bb appearance in his post and rejected the inane mockery of it . His defence was perfectly understandable to anyone who chose to read it as opposed to misrepresenting it .

No it's not . Dexter was clearly referring in his post to the mockery of his appearance on that crap show , nothing else . He was defending that appearance on the grounds he gave his substantial fee to the Palestinian cause . He wasn't talking about anything else .

And now you've surpassed even that and dragged tommy Sheridan into it . Frankly you're just randomly muck spreading all over the place about a leftist who's infinitely more charismatic , appealing , popular and well travelled than yourself .

Personally I hope Galloway wins now , just for that .

I like max keiser too . He should be on telly more . He interviewed my ex a while back and if I knew shed be rubbing shoulders with him I'd have made sure not to break up with her .
I particularly like that you think Galloway's better than me because he's 'well travelled'. :thumbs:

Anyway, Casually Red, my slate for the Central Committee election has Vasco de Gama, Michael Palin, Sarah Ferguson and the Road Runner. Pisses on Galloway.

He's gone down in my estimation since his rather churlish and graceless reaction to his unseating . He let himself down there . And I much preferred the moustachioed Havana smoking smoothy George of old to this scraggly beard thing he has going on . Which just doesn't suit him .

All that aside I'd still prefer to see him win .

but you've never been to scunthorpe
That fuckin' Galloway gets everywhere before me. :mad: I was in Hartlepool yesterday and there he was flashing the Vs at me as I drove past Tescos. Fucking hell, even the last time I nipped through the wardrobe into a magical land, who should I find saluting the Indefatigability of the White Witch? :mad:

I've said it before, now I'm saying it again.

He did that and donated all the money....£160,000 wasn't it?...to Palestinian charities.

There's nobody here who's done that. Not one of you.

You want to piss on him for that...personally I'm going to need to see receipts before I acknowledge you.

You don't get to piss on anyone who raised six figures for Palestine. I mean...obviously you do. Persona non frata.

Galloway was anti-war and pro-Palestine and you all shit on him every step of the way...and you complain that no-one represents you. You demand perfection, insist on 100%. Never seeing an opportunity. You piss on everything then moan that everything smells of piss. Masters of disenfranchisement disguised as the moral majority.

And that's my contribution.

Fuck you all :)

Must remember to ask you tomorrow whether that was real or piss-take. :D

I'm not angling for friends (Galloway or here) but I do like a bit of good about a person along with the bad.
Perhaps you think he is bad through and through.
I don't dismiss the rape comments he has made, it's indefensible, If you think I defend this point of view then you are supremely mistaken.
If I'm about anything routine, it's balance and justice, but If you think i'm undeserving then go right ahead shill at will.

I have spent the last ten minutes thinking of the good things that Galloway has done in the last two decades. Maybe he did something good in the decades before that? Or maybe he didn't. The man is a cunt, an odious and revolting cunt.

He's gone down in my estimation since his rather churlish and graceless reaction to his unseating . He let himself down there . And I much preferred the moustachioed Havana smoking smoothy George of old to this scraggly beard thing he has going on . Which just doesn't suit him .

All that aside I'd still prefer to see him win .

I'd like to see him win first prize in a 'Best suicide bomber' competition, held in an empty quarry.

Back
Top Bottom