Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Apparently they have found a new 'news' story to bang on about, and it's going to rock woke the world, they have banging on about it across the day, including Farage's show, I just flicked over to to see it's a major discussion point on Crazier Brazier's show.

What is it?

:facepalm:

Apparently they have found a new 'news' story to bang on about, and it's going to rock woke the world, they have banging on about it across the day, including Farage's show, I just flicked over to to see it's a major discussion point on Crazier Brazier's show.

What is it?

:facepalm:
The moment I saw that story, I thought "There's something GB News will be all over" :D :cool:

I am watching the Farage creep right now. How is this not like Rush Limbaugh or Alex Jones?
Farage's diatribes may be mellow, but they are still rants and divorced from reality.
One of the ingredients today is of course Bisexual Superman at DC comics.
War on Woke again again again.

I heard Farage was going to be live from a pub in Port Talbot today, so had to set it to record for the general LOLz, needless to say I've not been disappointed. :D

Firstly, anyone spot any problems with his audience...

2bb.png

...apart from them all being old white guys, wearing black suits and black & yellow striped UKIP ties? :hmm:

The sound was all over the fucking place, they had to go to an early extended ad break with promos for themselves to pad it out about 8 minutes in, then to a pre-recorded report on PT steelworks for a couple of minutes, then another early ad break, finally getting back to the pub at 7.17 to hear Farage saying, 'OK, I am standing by'. :D

WTF is Stephen Kinnock doing on this comedy show? :hmm:

Oh, questions from the audience, only problem being they don't actually have any mics for the audience. :facepalm:

Correction, this audience member has been handed a mic, only problem being it just doesn't actually work. :facepalm:

Now Farage is trying to read out questions from cards instead, but he appears to have forgotten his reading glasses, 'oh. I can't actually read this one', this is comedy gold. :D

Oh, apparently all those old guys are members of the Port Talbot male voice choir, who happen to wear black & yellow striped UKIP-style ties. 🤷‍♂️

BTW - one of those promos were for Crazier Brazier's show asking the most important questions, like has last night's C-4 'My first threesome' show pushed the limits of decently to breaking point.

Clearly he's never had one, and is jealous.

Angelos Frangopoulos wants to change the script for GB News, which has quickly established itself as Britain’s first 24-hour rolling chaos channel.

:D

"Sometimes you have to just press the button and go. But in hindsight if I had known some of the technical issues we would face I would have rethought that. We had certain pressures around that date that we couldn't control.

"But we have no regrets," he says. "We are on air flawlessly now with terrific quality video."

Last night's 'Farage at Large' would suggest otherwise, you delusional fool!

The average audience for GB News reached 15,942 last week, according to analysis by TV ratings compiler BARB. It is less than half of the 48,942 and 77,285 respectively recorded by Sky News and BBC News.

Fucking hell, under 16,000, that's the worst so far. :D

From Monday, a new team will bring 182 news bulletins a week after viewers called for headline updates between the channel's welter of opinionated programming.

Fucking hell, 4 months after launch, and they are finally introducing news bulletins. :facepalm:

GB News' potential is already prompting a reaction from its rivals. Murdoch's decision to launch TalkTV, an insurgent current affairs channel spearheaded by Piers Morgan, is "absolutely defensive", according to Frangopoulos.

"They can see the numbers GB News is generating and they are in the same territory as us because we are launching on radio against Talk Radio," he adds. "It is a validation of our business."

Murdoch is certainly watching the numbers, and laughing his arse off.

Farage most likely was the first to identify the 25 year old killer of Sir David Amis MP as SOMALI live on TV tonight.
He then went on to opine that this will turn out to be an Islamic terrorist killing - and that he himself had been asking for better security for MPs "for years".
AND most of his security mates would certainly have "smelt" a "wrong un".

The Farage might turn out to be right - but he can't resist dog whistling either.

I see Farage as a modern day Savanorola. In 1498 when Savanorola had had his bonfire of the vanities he was himself hanged and burned on a bonfire.
No chance of that for Nigel I'm afraid, though he would richly deserve it.

Just had a message saying, 'fucking hell mate, check out GBN from 6pm', with a link to their live youtube channel, bit of fiddling to find the 6pm start.

Special programme with Dewberry & Brazier on the death of that Tory MP, kicks off with Dewberry pruning her hair, as Brazier announces the death, and there's laughter in the background! :bigeyes:

Just over a minute in, they go to Johnson for his statement, and play about 2 minutes of him with no sound! :facepalm:

Still, I guess the delusional Frangopoulo is right in saying, "we are on air flawlessly now with terrific quality video", just not flawlessly with the behaviour of the presenters and production team, nor audio. :D

Just had a message saying, 'fucking hell mate, check out GBN from 6pm', with a link to their live youtube channel, bit of fiddling to find the 6pm start.

Special programme with Dewberry & Brazier on the death of that Tory MP, kicks off with Dewberry pruning her hair, as Brazier announces the death, and there's laughter in the background! :bigeyes:

Just over a minute in, they go to Johnson for his statement, and play about 2 minutes of him with no sound! :facepalm:

Still, I guess the delusional Frangopoulo is right in saying, "we are on air flawlessly now with terrific quality video", just not flawlessly with the behaviour of the presenters and production team, nor audio. :D
The lols off at the very point of imparting the 'sad' news is perfect.

Farage most likely was the first to identify the 25 year old killer of Sir David Amis MP as SOMALI live on TV tonight.
He then went on to opine that this will turn out to be an Islamic terrorist killing - and that he himself had been asking for better security for MPs "for years".
AND most of his security mates would certainly have "smelt" a "wrong un".

The Farage might turn out to be right - but he can't resist dog whistling either.

I see Farage as a modern day Savanorola. In 1498 when Savanorola had had his bonfire of the vanities he was himself hanged and burned on a bonfire.
No chance of that for Nigel I'm afraid, though he would richly deserve it.
The only fucking thing they smelt was yoghurt.

That Lembit Opil was on just now on their sofa - the EU Commission are bullying Poland re gay rights (ie no gay rights) and withholding Covid treatment funds.
I reckon shortly Lembut will be crying genocide because the Law and Justice Party want to ban abortions and ban homosexuality - and the EU commission and ECJ are objecting.

A waste of money but...

And another.

Gerard Adams birthday and brighton anniversary.

Farage spritual coup tonight. Michael Nazir--Ali - formerly Bishop of Rochester was quaffing a pint (unlike most of the guests who seem to opt for water or G & T)
Naturally Nigel was trying to tease out why the former Bishop had defected to the Roman Catholic Church.
Really Farage ought to have got Anne Widdecombe in to do the interview - she would have understood the issues.

Actually Bishop Nazir-Ali was the one who drew up a report in favour of women Bishops - so it was hardly surprising when Nigel asked him if the Church of England was now woke that the former bishop side-stepped such an analysis completely.

As far as I could see the main reason Nazir-Ali was pissed off with his former employer was because the churches were all shut during lock-down
Actually I think ALL churches of all denominations were shut during lock-down.

Still Michael Nazir-Ali is joining a special part of the Roman Catholic Church where former Anglican priests are allowed to be married - so he won't have to put away his wife of 50 years. He also said in the Ordinariat they use the Book of Common Prayer, with Cranmer's beautiful words.

A bit odd he should say this - it is widely believed that when he was burnt at the stake for being a Protestant Cranmer held his hand into the flames of his funeral pyre to make sure it was burnt up - as this was the hand which signed the confession that he was a heretic (under torture).

"Fire being now put to him, he stretched out his right hand, and thrust it into the flame, and held it there a good space, before the fire came to any other part of his body; where his hand was seen of every man sensibly burning, crying with a loud voice, 'This hand hath offended.' As soon as the fire got up, he was very soon dead, never stirring or crying all the while."

I reckon former Bishop Michael is as much a maverick as Nigel Farage. They deserve a pint together!

Still Michael Nazir-Ali is joining a special part of the Roman Catholic Church where former Anglican priests are allowed to be married
Celibacy of the priesthood in the RC Church isn't dogma. It's quite common (even though the events themselves are rare) for a married priest from another denomination to be allowed to convert to Catholicism and remain married. However, you can't be a married layperson and expect to become an RC priest, and under no circumstances whatsoever can an RC priest get married after ordination.

Celibacy of the priesthood in the RC Church isn't dogma. It's quite common (even though the events themselves are rare) for a married priest from another denomination to be allowed to convert to Catholicism and remain married. However, you can't be a married layperson and expect to become an RC priest, and under no circumstances whatsoever can an RC priest get married after ordination.
What you say is correct - but I'm looking from the Anglican perspective - why did he do it?
He is apparently devoted to Anglican traditional liturgy, and doesn't mind women priests or bishops.

Nigel Farage of course probably hasn't been to church since his Dulwich College days, and was not able to ask the right questions to uncover the mystery.

Back
Top Bottom