Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

far right academics demanding their right to defend slavery

They've hidden their demands quite well amongst the other gubbins - they need to take some lessons from Insulate Britain.

far right academics demanding their right to defend slavery

Dangerous people.

Actively trying to pervert and bastardize history to suit their deeply unpleasant modern day agenda and doing it whilst hiding beneath a veneer of academia. People like this are far more dangerous and far more toxic then the likes of Tommy Robinson and his goons.

Dangerous people.

Actively trying to pervert and bastardize history to suit their deeply unpleasant modern day agenda and doing it whilst hiding beneath a veneer of academia. People like this are far more dangerous and far more toxic then the likes of Tommy Robinson and his goons.

I know history is a serious business, but i think thats a bit harsh on baldrick and co

MV5BMmFkNDQ2ZGItZDA1My00M2U2LTg5YTEtODUyN2RmYTAyYjFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAwMzM3NDI3._V1_.jpg

Dangerous people.

It looks really innocuous if you just scan the homepage too.
Guess that's deliberate - Googling them gives a much better impression of what they're about.

I looked at their page on slavery Britain, Slavery, and Anti-Slavery - History Reclaimed and the piece seems to be 'Well everyone was doing it so that's OK then - plus the Africans help us get slaves too'

Slavery is an ancient institution. From the earliest times, victors in battle chose to enslave the vanquished rather than slaughter them. Not only was it ancient; it was universal. Across the globe societies have employed forced labour in agriculture, mining, public works and even as troops. All the ancient Mesopotamian civilisations practised slavery in one form or another, starting with Egypt in the third millennium BC.

These ‘culture wars’ seem to be aimed squarely at demoralizing Western countries. They are being pursued in the media, in public spaces, in museums, universities, schools, civil services, local government, business corporations and even churches.

Slavery and the slave-trade, then, were alive and well in Africa long before Europeans arrived to develop the export market. The Portuguese were the first to seek slaves from West Africa in the 1440s, to make up for a labour-shortage in Portugal and to man sugar plantations on their Atlantic island possessions, not least Madeira.

While the British investors and merchants bear responsibility for that, so do their African suppliers. Commercial and political élites in west and central Africa “appear to have made large profits from helping to meet the American demand for slave labour.

To me this seems very awkward to say the least and a great deal of missing the point.

This is the first time I've quoted a tweet from GB News, but I think this one is justified.

I know this guy is actually a comedian IRL, but I am fairly sure he's not taking the piss here, I think he actually believes in the delusional bullshit he spews out, in this egotistical monologue, with a script that the 'Drop the Dead Donkey' team would be proud of, it's a real treasure trove of complete lunacy.

You know when you're in a really shit job, but you can't leave for financial reasons or whatnot, so you pretend it's not the job thats shit, it's the people around it (previous employees for example) that make it seem worse than it actually is?
This is that.

Not sure if they’re connected to theRestore Trust lot, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

They use the organising hashtag #empirestrikesback

I'm glad the world has caught up with the National Trust. Remember trudging round so many places as a kid wondering why they were filled with hagiographies to these people who were clearly right bastards.

The hashtag thing raised a chuckle.

I've not deigned to watch GBN for any period longer than about a minute, so I may be rushing to judgement and doing it a disservice.

However, when I briefly flicked on earlier Farage was claiming that keeping the Northern Ireland protocol amounted to France "annexing" part of the United Kingdom.

I've not deigned to watch GBN for any period longer than about a minute, so I may be rushing to judgement and doing it a disservice.

However, when I briefly flicked on earlier Farage was claiming that keeping the Northern Ireland protocol amounted to France "annexing" part of the United Kingdom.

You randomly wander in on one of the best bits of the day and still aren’t happy? :mad:

Not sure if they’re connected to theRestore Trust lot, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

They use the organising hashtag #empirestrikesback

I am a member , and very helpfully the restore trust lot named all their 6 (male) candidates , so I voted for 6 lady candidates.

He may have stumbled on a neat solution.

Think it hit controversy because white 5 year-olds were doing Jamaican accents on the bus, in Tesco's etc. Possibly that's not the controversy being referred to.

Rastamouse was much more popular with me than Raheem jr, tbh.
Monks Jr Loved it for a bit, but I do occasionally find myself listening to the spin off records from time to time......

Was just watching a Youtube lecture from CentrePlace in Canada about the history of Venice.
Shocked to see a GB News Ad pop up - short only 20 or 30 seconds - but first up was Nigel Farage, who really believes in what he's doing at GB News - then Andrew Neil, likewise. Presumably there is a long lead time on Youtube advertising.

No wonder GB News is in love with Farage, including 'The Political Correction' which he co-hosts, he takes the top 6 spots in the latest BARB viewing figures, even the Saturday compilation/repeat of his 'Talking Pints' feature beats all other shows, which must be gutting for all the other presenters.

Meanwhile the 'Brazier' show, replacement for the Andrew Neil show, fails to make an appearance in the Top 15, and the 'Great British Breakfast', the most sane show, only manages to get one appearance.

2bbbb.png

Meanwhile their weekly reach has finally dropped below 1m.

2bbbb.png

Meanwhile...

2dddd.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom