Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

I've not deigned to watch a prolonged period of GBN yet, so I form my direct opinions on my brief sojourns to watch it during an ad break on another channel.

Yesterday featured the noted wit Peter Hitchens suggesting the Tories should rename themselves the Social Workers Party, so far left are they.

This week’s Private Eye media column reports on Andrew Neill’s recent tweets, some already posted ITT, that go fully against the GB editorial grain

F40E4A86-786D-4E64-9A07-75BC64BE330A.jpeg

I frankly don’t know if this is grandstanding or he actually believes what he preached there. But if he does, what in the name of fuck (other than the obvious answer, money) made him think this was a suitable career move for him?

I’m not convinced at all it was just the money. WTF did he expect the editorial line of that shitshow to be like? Or perhaps he saw his appointment as a covert opportunity to steer the channel away from crossing into full alt-right racist territory :facepalm:

I think he thought he was going to be chairman, something he coveted at the BBC but wasn't to be, and it looks like it isn't to be at this outlet either.

I think he thought he was going to be chairman, something he coveted at the BBC but wasn't to be, and it looks like it isn't to be at this outlet either.

Well, he is Chairman [of the board of directors], that doesn't put him in charge of anything beyond ensuring that meetings run smoothly and remain orderly.

The real power is with the CEO.

His only hope is to unite the board into showing the door to the CEO, and having him replaced, which doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Brillo wouldn't say a word about refugees fleeing other wars and arriving in the UK, the shitbag.

But this is different. He sees this as being loyal to those who were loyal to the UK and it tugs at his nationalist heart-strings, and that trumps the new-fangled 'anti-woke' agenda.

I think he may be realising that this business opportunity (essentially mining an anti politically correct seam that probably won't pay that well in retrospect) was probably a bad move. Fuck him anyway.

There's some sort of re-launch next Monday, when Andrew Neil is due to return, but I don't think they have worked out the final details yet, or not told those that will be leaving yet.

The schedule page keeps changing, 'The Briefing' was added yesterday, as an half hour in the morning & late afternoon, plus an hour at lunchtime, as per a press release, now it's only showing as being on at lunchtime.

'On the Money' was listed as 1.00 - 1.30pm, now 1.00 - 4.00pm, so there's a missing programme, and it's anyone's guess who will be on 1.30pm - 4.00pm. Oh, and 'The Great British Breakfast' is now listed 6.00 - noon, so there's another missing programme.

The 'Dewbs & Co' show disappeared for next week, then re-appeared, and has now gone again - makes me wonder if it was removed too soon, i.e. before she was told she was a goner, or it could just be the webmaster pissing about. :hmm:

No surprise it's being reported that Neil will not be back next week after all, and with GB News & AN not commenting, I am convinced he's not coming back, imagine how he would feel following the Farage show, and probably getting lower ratings.

They have also announced that the looney Isabel Oakeshott, former political editor-at-large for the Daily Mail, and partner of Richard Tice, is getting a show.

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of all the comings and goings over the next few days, and hopefully some inside stories coming out from those leaving,
I bet the atmosphere in that building is shit. :D

Andrew Neil's long-awaited return to GB News on Monday has been delayed as speculation mounts over his bitter rift with senior management.

The chairman and flagship presenter of the fledgling news network was poised to make a comeback on September 6 but the move has now been cancelled, The Times reported.

Attempts to reach an agreement between the veteran broadcaster and management that would smooth his return to the airwaves have reportedly failed.

No surprise it's being reported that Neil will not be back next week after all, and with GB News & AN not commenting, I am convinced he's not coming back, imagine how he would feel following the Farage show, and probably getting lower ratings.

They have also announced that the looney Isabel Oakeshott, former political editor-at-large for the Daily Mail, and partner of Richard Tice, is getting a show.

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of all the comings and goings over the next few days, and hopefully some inside stories coming out from those leaving,
I bet the atmosphere in that building is shit. :D

a truly vile individual, that one

His only hope is to unite the board into showing the door to the CEO, and having him replaced, which doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Well if he can't unite the board against the current CEO with performance as it is at the moment, he won't have a better chance in the future.

While Neil has hosted only eight of the 52 episodes of his eponymous show on GB News and it remains unclear when or if he will return, he still found time to make an appearance on Friday’s edition of an online show produced by the Spectator, where he is chairman.

He also promoted it on his Twitter account, where tweets by him about GB News are marked by their relative absence. When he last presented his GB News show on 24 June, Neil told viewers he was taking a break and that he would be “back before the summer is out”.

There's some sort of re-launch next Monday, when Andrew Neil is due to return, but I don't think they have worked out the final details yet, or not told those that will be leaving yet.

The schedule page keeps changing, 'The Briefing' was added yesterday, as an half hour in the morning & late afternoon, plus an hour at lunchtime, as per a press release, now it's only showing as being on at lunchtime.

'On the Money' was listed as 1.00 - 1.30pm, now 1.00 - 4.00pm, so there's a missing programme, and it's anyone's guess who will be on 1.30pm - 4.00pm. Oh, and 'The Great British Breakfast' is now listed 6.00 - noon, so there's another missing programme.

The 'Dewbs & Co' show disappeared for next week, then re-appeared, and has now gone again - makes me wonder if it was removed too soon, i.e. before she was told she was a goner, or it could just be the webmaster pissing about. :hmm:

but where's the cartoon hour.

Looks like he is fucking off completely

It's obvious he's not going back so I don't know why either side doesn't just say so? Some contract reason? (If article awnsers that i can't read it as pay walled).

The advertisers must be falling over each other. The content is getting better and better, plus viewing figures are surely breaking records?

I caught the end of Dewberry's show, where she announced she was taking a 'short break', so this was her final show, for 'probably a couple of weeks', .... I'll see you in a 'few weeks'. :hmm:

None of which is very convincing, especially as she's been deleted from the schedule page, when no other names have, when they have taken 'shorts breaks', or even a 'long break' in AN's case.

I don’t want GB News to fold- no yet anyway. I want it to continue it subexisting whist continuing to lose viewers and being derided and/or ignored by society and the mainstream media for as long as possible.

So when it eventually folds, the whole exercise will more likely to be viewed as such an unmitigated disaster that no far-right magnate, no matter how deep his pockets, will think it’s worth to try to launch an alt-right news channel in this country again.

Back
Top Bottom