Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

So, Andrew Neil still AWOL from GB News, gave up retweeting/commenting on anything from the channel weeks ago, I guess he's busy monitoring the output & making notes on how to improve it. ;)

Nope, he's busy watching Sky News, retweeting & praising them, that must hurt. :D

He's also made a number of tweets in support of Afghans coming to the UK, which I doubt will please the more looney ones at GB News.

So, Andrew Neil still AWOL from GB News, gave up retweeting/commenting on anything from the channel weeks ago, I guess he's busy monitoring the output & making notes on how to improve it. ;)

Nope, he's busy watching Sky News, retweeting & praising them, that must hurt. :D

He's also made a number of tweets in support of Afghans coming to the UK, which I doubt will please the more looney ones at GB News.

GBNews should get their own back by making this their title screen:

andrew-neil-photo.jpg

It's made a mockery of their evening schedule, in reverse order...

9pm - Tonight Live with Dan Wootton - he's on holiday, covered by Mark Dolan.

8pm - Andrew Neil - he's AWOL, covered by Colin Brazier.

7pm - Farage - he's on holiday, fuck we've run out of cover. Oh, fuck it, just repeat some of his shit from the last four weeks.

Andrew Neil, if he actually does, is due to return in September, with so many taking holidays now, I did wonder if they are planning a re-launch at that point, and The Guardian seems to think that's the plan, although they suggest that Neil has still to decide if he will return, having been outflanked by the chief executive, Angelos Frangopoulos, and his appointments.

When Andrew Neil discussed leaving the BBC to join GB News last autumn, he made clear to his then colleagues that he had little interest in working with Nigel Farage.

One year later, Neil is deciding whether to return from a two-month holiday to a channel that, in his absence, has not only promoted Farage to be its star presenter but is rebuilding much of the rest of its schedule in the image of the Brexit party founder.

A relaunch of GB News, which has already ripped up its schedule several times since it launched in mid-June, is pencilled in for the first full week of September. Nick Pollard, a former boss of Sky News last seen working at Chinese state-funded CGTN, has been promoted to acting editorial director to replace the departed John McAndrew, a long-term ally of Neil.

So far Neil has hosted just eight of the 41 episodes of his eponymous show.

:D

“It still seems that Andrew Neil hasn’t decided what to do,” said one person connected with the channel, while another said the “key dynamic” in setting the channel’s future would be whether Neil returns to air.

A spokesperson for GB News reiterated they are still “looking forward” to welcoming Neil back to the channel in September and said the station had always planned to have a role for Farage.

However, the sense among some GB News staff is Neil has now been overtaken by the promotion of presenters who are adept at furious monologues that work well on social media. A spate of recent hires from talkRadio included the lockdown-sceptic hosts Mark Dolan and Patrick Christys. On Tuesday the new presenter Calvin Robinson was arguing for scientifically disputed alternatives to Covid-19 vaccines.

That must be the twat, that Dr Simon Clarke clashed with.

Found a clip of the knobhead, Calvin Robinson, interviewing Dr Simon Clarke.

He refers to Dr. Harvey Risch, epidemiologist at Yale, as supporting the use of hydroxychloroquine. However, OVER TWO DOZEN of his Yale colleagues have signed an open letter, pointing out Risch is a cancer epidemiologist, not an expert in infectious disease epidemiology, and is, well, a bit of a plonker, like Robinson.

He also refers to Ivermectin as being effective, yet...

:D

Dr John Campbell, on his youtube videos, was talking quite positively at one time about Ivermectin, but I suppose that's not really relevant here. I've no idea, I'm not a livestock in need of deworming :D

But Calvin Robinson really is an odios prick. It's just fallacy after fallacy and then the whining "every time i suggest something you say it doesn't work" isn't an argument it's an appeal to emotion, and the simply answer is that you suggest things that...don't work.

But of course...agenda. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom