Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

you be surprised the Vine show on 5 gets around 2 millions viewers and it pretty much a gammon shout fest
with a supporting cast from the mail. daily express and former brexit reform panelists

GB news is just trying to do the same thing 24 hours a day
Is the vine show that bad? Normally I see anyone with ridiculous views getting rinsed when I come across it. Still a platform though.

Is the vine show that bad? Normally I see anyone with ridiculous views getting rinsed when I come across it. Still a platform though.

look up its regular panel members

when its Anne or Storm hosting it get shut down but Vine himself likes to play the devil advocate with Glee

so a lot of bullshite get throw around

it still more watchable than anything on GB news but its aim for the same audiance

look up its regular panel members

when its Anne or Storm hosting it get shut down but Vine himself likes to play the devil advocate with Glee

so a lot of bullshite get throw around

it still more watchable than anything on GB news but its aim for the same audiance
Fair enough I always thought it was more left leaning compared to some of the other stuff though didn't really watch it. I can't watch panel things as I get angry.

I remember reading years ago that BBC (and the rest) go on about rising house prices always as a good thing, business programs always talking to pro-business types almost never union reps on there. ...

I remember reading years ago that BBC (and the rest) go on about rising house prices always as a good thing, business programs always talking to pro-business types almost never union reps on there. ...
I watch BBC news a fair amount as a news agregator mainly. They definitely aren't left, but I also think get a large amount of stick that's probably unjustified though I do sense it's got worse in recent years. My expectations are fairly low and I know I will have to look into things myself outside of what they report.

You have to look away from the news though to see all the property development programs, pro police programs, other political shows etc to see the narrative that exists. It's hardly unique to the BBC and much worse on other channels too.

The world according to the Express...

2hh.jpg

So, what has been this 'staggering' effect'?

Average number of people who watched GB News on:
25th June (last day Andrew Neil appeared) - 36k
19th July (first day Nigel Farage appeared) - 33k
12th August (yesterday/Thur., so not a repeat) - 17k

It's going so staggering well. :D

Watching GB News interview a Christian about when the second coming is going to happen. Turned out the guy being interviewed didn’t actually know the answer.

Also included sound issues :)

Back in the early 80s, some guy proclaimed he knew when the second coming would happen. For some reason he was flown to Los Angeles to make the announcement, which turned out to be a load of bollocks.

I flicked through the Freeview news channels earlier, during an ad break of what I was watching. News 24, BBC Parliament, Sky New, RT and Al Jazeera were all running extended pieces on the Taliban's latest incursion; GBN had Claire Fox moaning about free speech.

They have a major problem with any breaking news story at the weekend, because so much of the schedule is filled with repeats or so-called 'best of' shows.

And, an even bigger problem with international breaking news, as they haven't the resources for their own international reporters, nor do they appeared to have come to any arrangement with any news agencies* to provide at least overseas footage, but ideally interviews too. I checked breakfast this morning, and they were covering the story, but with very much 'Z-list' guests and very little footage, it just comes across as a pound-shop version of the BBC & Sky.

* They did a deal with Reuters, thinking they could get hold of pooled footage from the BBC/ITN & Sky, but they objected, basically saying their footage could only be provided to overseas outlets by Reuters, which is subject to a complaint by GB News to OFCOM and Competition and Markets Authority.

Just had a flick, the BBC, Sky & Al Jazeera all covering Afghanistan, GB News had a reporter on the ground...

...covering the 'baked bean bandit', who is 'terrifying' the residents of Wonersh village in Surrey, by pouring baked beans through letterboxes & over cars. :facepalm: :D

11 am - BBC & Sky carry the one minute silence in Plymouth, both with reporters on the ground, whereas GBN's SW reporter seems to have AWOL.

So, even when they have resources, they can't get it right.

Back
Top Bottom