Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

It's almost elavating broadcasting to performance art to be able to make such tragic subject matter into such an hilarious spectacle. If you can bear watching twice, I suggest focusing on Farage's face when he has to stop himself from the knee-jerk reaction to defend the murderer against the accusation that he'd been radicalised.

Sky News has gone to ads, so before the six news on BBC, what's happening on GB News?

Alex Phillips with her 'super star panel' of [in order of their shows, following hers] Dewberry, Farage, and Brazier.

Yes, a hattrick, all three 'guests' are GBN presenters. :D

Farage is struggling to get guests on his 'Talking Pints' feature, tonight it's the leader of the 'Official Raving Monster Loony Party', who is coming across as the more sane one.

The silliest thing about the Monster Raving Loony Party is that they've been far saner than large swathes of UK politicos. Lord Sutch's cat has left more political insight buried in the sand than the entire cabinet is capable of digging up. If satire hadn't been dead already, "barriers with our biggest trading markets to boost the economy" and "let's let a hundred thousand or so people die to save the economy!" would have finished if off.

Farage is struggling to get guests on his 'Talking Pints' feature, tonight it's the leader of the 'Official Raving Monster Loony Party', who is coming across as the more sane one.
Sad that he felt the need to help legitimise (as much as the Monster Raving Loonies can :D) Farage given his outright disgusting racism and support for the drowning of human beings

McCoy had Gallacher rolling her eyes, when he totally cracked-up, after she read out. "Now, Harry and Meghan have broken their silence to say they are speechless about the situation in Afghanistan."

Sorry, but that would crack me up too. :D I would like to think that whoever wrote the script had the intention to get that reaction from McCoy. :D

0_Screenshot-2021-08-18-at-185247.jpg

Video -

McCoy had Gallacher rolling her eyes, when he totally cracked-up, after she read out. "Now, Harry and Meghan have broken their silence to say they are speechless about the situation in Afghanistan."

Sorry, but that would crack me up too. :D I would like to think that whoever wrote the script had the intention to get that reaction from McCoy. :D

0_Screenshot-2021-08-18-at-185247.jpg

Video -

I hate this "breaking their silence" shit. A truly awful, overused and cliched phrase.

The silliest thing about the Monster Raving Loony Party is that they've been far saner than large swathes of UK politicos. Lord Sutch's cat has left more political insight buried in the sand than the entire cabinet is capable of digging up. If satire hadn't been dead already, "barriers with our biggest trading markets to boost the economy" and "let's let a hundred thousand or so people die to save the economy!" would have finished if off.

saw something a few years back - can't remember now if it was interweb or print - where there were manifesto commitments, and asking you to guess whether they were UKIP or MRLP.

the more ludicrous ones were UKIP...

saw something a few years back - can't remember now if it was interweb or print - where there were manifesto commitments, and asking you to guess whether they were UKIP or MRLP.

the more ludicrous ones were UKIP...
Was that the one where they’d make it the law for bus drivers to wear ties or something? Plus a load of batshit reactionary anti-cycling stuff. Definitely got a few chuckles out of that.

I briefly flicked onto it during an ad break on a proper channel, to hear someone referring to Jacinda Ardern as "the queen of woke", and I think saying New Zealand was in the pocket of China. How these two ideas can exist simultaneously I'm not sure.
Actually a pretty common view here on the right. - however the right in NZ are far more in China's pocket even down to having had an elite Chinese spy instructor in parliament as one of their MPs until recently.

Apparently they are making a big thing about being on-air for 10 weeks, and how well it's all going. :hmm:

Week 10 viewing figures will not be released by BARB until next Monday, but let us all join together in celebrating their success so far, it truly is amazing! :thumbs:

Weekly number of households dipping in (reach).

14-20 Jun: 2.66m - first full week on air
21-27 Jun: 1.84m
28-04 Jul: 1.35m - Andrew Neil takes leave of absence
05-11 Jul: 1.13m
12-18 Jul: 1.25m
19-25 Jul: 1.30m - schedule changes begin; Farage handed weeknight slot
26-01 Aug: 1.16m
02-08 Aug: 1.02m
09-15 Aug: 983k - for comparison purposes, BBC News Ch: 7.06m - Sky News: 4.77m

Wow! :D

Last edited:
Back