Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Andrew Neil hasn't commented on, or retweeted anything from GB News for 10 days now, plenty of other retweets, especially from The Spectator, but nowt from GBN.

I think that illustrates what he's thinking about the direction it's going in, I'll be very surprised if he returns now, unless there's some very big changes, which I can't see happening now, the more moderate ones have lost out to the more loony ones.

I wonder what's happened to Simon McCoy, he's not been on this week, it could be a holiday, but again he has not retweeted anything from GB News in the last 10 days, odd.

It seems that GBN has gone down the Katie Hopkins route, but in double quick time.
They are trying to get viewers by being more and more outrageous, but as the do this they are becoming less acceptable to more and more viewers. GBN believe there is large percentage of the population that agrees with them and if they get a little further right, their audience will pick up, but clearly there isn't.
They have conflated Brexit with far-right views and from the viewing figures and the twitter outrages they have caused, this is not the case.

But, coming back to a more centred view is going to be very difficult as they have lost most of their 'middle of the road' viewers, and coming back is going to be to screams of woke and sell out from their remaining viewers, the right-wing blowhards.

An analogy I thought of is, like being in a aircraft at high altitude where the stall speed of the aircraft is very close the maximum speed. It's know as 'coffin corner' and it's very difficult to get out of without ending up as a big hole in the ground (apparently), but a skilled pilot would never get into that position in the first place.

They, far/alt-right seem to have the loudest voices, but there are not that many of them, it's a shame that with years of right leaning press has made a Labour government a lot less likely, whoever is leading Labour.

Last edited:
Perfect for a drone strike

Yes, Andrew Neil is poised over a joystick in the media centre of his secret Mediterranean bunker just waiting for the moment when Dewberry, Farage and Wooton are in the GBNewts building at the the same time.

Thing is, if they start drifting towards far right QAnon conspiraloon land they‘ll be able to sell ad space for a premium. Dodgy companies would pay a mint for an audience that gullible/suggestible, they’d be able to sell them absolutely anything. Dodgy timeshares, magnetic bracelets, herbal Covid cures, oh look you’ve just won a free iPad and so on.

Thing is, if they start drifting towards far right QAnon conspiraloon land they‘ll be able to sell ad space for a premium. Dodgy companies would pay a mint for an audience that gullible/suggestible, they’d be able to sell them absolutely anything. Dodgy timeshares, magnetic bracelets, herbal Covid cures, oh look you’ve just won a free iPad and so on.

Going down that route, they would never sell advertising at a premium, and TV advertising is very strictly controlled by both the Advertising Standards Authority and OFCOM, so there's no chance of dodgy advertisers of the types you mention.

You get to charge a premium when you can deliver a decent audience for the big brands, you get peanuts from the likes of most of the advertisers still using them ATM.

Farage is toxic to most brands, and the more he attacks the likes of the RNLI, the more damage he will do to GBN, in the eyes of potential advertisers.

Wow! :cool:

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution says it received around £200,000 in donations in a 24-hour period this week as it defended the work it has done rescuing migrants in difficulty crossing the English Channel, following criticism from the former Ukip leader Nigel Farage. Normally it gets around £7,000 per day. Sajid Javid, the health secretary, has been among those contributing.

Seeing a lot of tweets crowing about Farage beating the BBC in viewing figures. He beat the 24/7 rolling news BBC channel by 14000 (he had about 100k odd) . The main BBC news at 6 and 10 gets millions of viewers ffs , the gammon are celebrating 😆😅

Why would it bother Farage? It hasn't cost him a penny and has got him loads of publicity. It's literally his job to do this.
Because it's a gift to him. He is, obviously, absolutely in the right to threaten RNLI in the way he did, so the fact that quite a lot of people responded - he won't have missed that - by giving money to them will be an affront, if not to him, to his simplistic audience. So, even if he doesn't kick off on his own account, he's going to have to performatively froth to keep his punters happy.

Seeing a lot of tweets crowing about Farage beating the BBC in viewing figures. He beat the 24/7 rolling news BBC channel by 14000 (he had about 100k odd) . The main BBC news at 6 and 10 gets millions of viewers ffs , the gammon are celebrating 😆😅

Sadly, there has been a uptick in the cunt's viewing figures, which surprised me, in view of how it was going last week, hopefully it's just a blip.

Last week:

Mon - 96.3k
Tues - 85.3k
Weds - 71.7k
Thurs - 67.1k
Fri - 14.1k (although that was a 'best of'/repeat show)

Tuesday this week - 107k.

Sadly, there has been a uptick in the cunt's viewing figures, which surprised me, in view of how it was going last week, hopefully it's just a blip.

Last week:

Mon - 96.3k
Tues - 85.3k
Weds - 71.7k
Thurs - 67.1k
Fri - 14.1k (although that was a 'best of'/repeat show)

Tuesday this week - 107k.
I know , but certain characters are portraying it as beating the BBC , when it is only beating the BBC News Channel .

Yes, pissed off and watching. That's his job. People don't tune in to racist filth like that because they're happy.
If his fan base is 100k viewers than that's OK, if he was actually beating the main BBC news, that would be a bit 😳

Back
Top Bottom