Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Interestedly a live show this morning was replaced, at least in part, by another repeat. The same this evening, Saturday Live failed to appear, replaced by a repeat of Free Speech Nation.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in that building, my gut feeling is it would be like watching a load of headless chickens running around and trying to rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Although I can only dream, I would LMFAO if Wootton fails to turn up at 9 pm.

Interestedly a live show this morning was replaced, at least in part, by another repeat. The same this evening, Saturday Live failed to appear, replaced by a repeat of Free Speech Nation.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in that building, my gut feeling is it would be like watching a load of headless chickens running around and trying to rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Although I can only dream, I would LMFAO if Wootton fails to turn up at 9 pm.
Was that the 3 so called comics? Andrew Doyle, some obnoxious woman called JoJo and the irritating twat cappuro?
Neil Oliver's monologue was funnier ( I say funnier, but only in the cringe sense) .

I checked it a few minutes, McCoy hasn't popped-up on breakfast yet. :hmm:

They did have Dr. Clare Craig on, so I flicked off again, she's a complete loon...

In October 2020 she argued that "there is no second wave". She said that “the epidemic has passed. It’s over. We are now in the midst of a false positive pseudo-epidemic.” She argued that “the data is telling us this is not real anymore.” She has argued that "it is all based around false positive test results, when there is no real disease behind it, and I think that's what we are seeing here."

In October 2020 she also argued that “No-one is going to die of it [Covid] (only with it)" (see our page responding to this claim).

Various claims made by Craig appeared in national newspapers during 2020, and she appeared on talkRADIO on numerous occasions. In January 2021, she continued to defend the idea that most positive tests were false positives, said there were "no excess deaths overall", and that the "latest excess deaths [figures] continue to be good news".

On 10 January 2021, Craig signed a joint open letter addressed to the FBI, MI5, and various other national intelligence agencies alleging a global plot by the Chinese Communist Party. In their words:

"...we cannot ignore the possibility that the entire “science” of COVID-19 lockdowns has been a fraud of unprecedented proportion, deliberately promulgated by the Chinese Communist Party and its collaborators to impoverish the nations who implemented it."

Co-signatories (many of whose backgrounds are described in this Twitter thread) included radio host Maajid Nawaz, businessman and David Icke co-director Simon Dolan, and private investigator Brian O'Shea.

Last edited:
The week 4 figures are out, this is the week before the viewers' started to boycott the shambles, so they should drop further in week 5. :cool:

2sss.png
Week 3 (28th June - 4th July)Week 4 (coming next week)
BBC News Channel7,503,000 / 12.37% share / 02:16 minutes7,0247,024 / 11.58% share / 02:14 minutes
Sky News4,412,000 / 7.28% share / 01:11 minutes4,3764,376 / 7.22% share / 01:07 minutes
GB News1,352,000 / 2.23% share / 00:31 minutes1,1311,131 / 1.87% share / 00:27 minutes

*** The figures are for the total number of household TV sets that dipped into news channels / percentage share of households, the final figure is the 'average daily minutes', i.e. if someone only watches for 7 minutes in a week, that would be an average of 1 minute.

Basically, the number of households tuning in have only dropped by another 40k, and those left are watching about 10% less compared to last week, or over 50% down on week one.

I had hoped for a bigger drop, but I guess that will come next week.

No wonder there was a lack of live shows over the weekend, they were building a new set. :D

Launched just now with the new Farage show, it's the sort of thing I expected from day one, TBH.

Farage show was 80% covid, with a few minutes on immigrants arriving on Kent beaches, he spent a lot of time attacking Johnson, which I am the sure the government will not be happy with, just the covid recovery twats.

The woman shouting at Hardwood was fucking funny, see above, clearly not heard GBN is on the protesters' side.

The new impressive set doesn't work with close-up shots, it's blurred & flickering about, fucking hopeless twats. :D

Farage show was 80% covid, with a few minutes on immigrants arriving on Kent beaches, he spent a lot of time attacking Johnson, which I am the sure the government will not be happy with, just the covid recovery twats.

The woman shouting at Hardwood was fucking funny, see above, clearly not heard GBN is on the protesters' side.

The new impressive set doesn't work with close-up shots, it's blurred & flickering about, fucking hopeless twats. :D
Christ, farage's background should come with an epilepsy warning! That blurred flickering is so bad.
' these migrants aren't desperate , they have new Nike's' :facepalm:
If that wasn't bad enough his new slogan is ..
What the farage ?
Sir Graham Brady now being interviewed whilst they both drink pale ale, and Brady's teeth look like a blown fuse box. Comedy gold .

Fun Fact: - 'Gammon' was used by Charles Dickens nearly 200 years ago in Nicholas Nickleby to describe a large, self-satisfied, middle-aged man who professes extreme patriotism to disguise his selfishness and corruption.

Earlier historical uses​

In 1604, John Marston wrote "Your devilship’s ring has no virtue, the buff-captain, the sallow-westphalian gammon-faced zaza cries" in The Malcontent.[22]

In 1622, John Taylor wrote "Where many a warlike Horse & many a Nagge mires:Thou kildst the gammon visag'd poore Westphalians" in The great O Toole.[23]

In 1838, Charles Dickens used the word in his 1838 novel, Nicholas Nickleby:[24]

The time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr. Gregsbury’s political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

The meaning of that term—gammon,' said Mr. Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I am proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.[25]

Christ, farage's background should come with an epilepsy warning! That blurred flickering is so bad.
It's OK at a distance, when they are showing the whole new set & desk, which looks like a flat-pack job, but it seems no one bothered to test it in close-up view.

Look how blurred it is...

2m.png

Interestingly, there's no flickering on youtube, so perhaps they did test it on a computer, and thought the blurred background was OK :hmm: , but didn't test how it would work on proper broadcast platforms, where the flickering is just bloody ridiculous, and another demonstration of what a complete shambles it still is, at the start of week 6.

Back
Top Bottom