Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

4r9qe8.jpg

Hate to say it, but this is good news for GBN, because already newspapers have put up reports on it, he comes with 1.6 million twitter followers, and frankly having seen a bit of his Sunday show, he comes across as more professional than a lot of their bloody presenters*.

* ETA - Oh, that's a backhanded compliment!

But, I can't see it helping too much, those that watch next week because of the hype and for the novelty, will soon get bored and move on.

Suspended Guto Harri had an article in the Sunday Times today, and used it to attack GBN, I thought straight away, he's clearly not going back, now it's confirmed that he has resigned.

The resignation letter is interesting, looks like he's planning legal action.

In his resignation letter seen by The Independent, Mr Harri spells out to GB News chief executive Angelos Frangopoulos his reasons for quitting the current affairs channel, in operation for just over a month.

It says: “Before I took the knee on air I discussed it with my producer, director, co-presenters and head of newsroom. After I did it, GB News captured the moment and proactively cascaded it on social media. Two days later you told me you wanted me to take a break for the summer. You did not say you were briefing papers and issuing a statement that accused me of breaching your editorial standards.

“I asked you to change that on the night – pointing out it was defamatory. You ignored my texts and refused to take my calls. I now see that you’ve hired Nigel Farage who immediately declared in public that he will not be taking the knee. Please explain how that does not breach editorial standards but I did – so I can share it with my lawyers.”

It's going so well. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom