Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

No, he would be picking-up a basically 'bankrupt' business on the cheap, picking up the valuable transmission slots, very limited on Freeview not so much via satellite, plus the channel numbers (very limited on Sky, not so much on Freesat & Virgin) across all the platforms, there is probably some bits of infrastructure that could be used with their own studios.

He downgraded his plans for 'News UK', because of GB News launching, taking that out, changes the picture completely, let's not forget what he did with the so-called 'merger' of Sky TV & BSB back in the day, which was basically a take-over.

He's still planning to launch a 'News UK' TV service on streaming platforms, there're clear benefits to putting that on broadcast platforms for a few hours each evening. It would be run professionally and easily pick-up GBN viewers & more, he has his own sales house with well connected contacts in the advertising agencies, so wouldn't need Sky Media to sell the advertising & take commission.

Exactly. Sadly there is a market for this right wing shouty shite, this channel couldn't get to it. He will. Times Radio will soon be UK News

GB News are asking the Government to recommend everyone has at least three portions of fish and chips per day and that Carry On films are one BBC and ITV every evening.
They had Biggins on complaining about ' The woke lot', apparently he thinks Benny hill was cool and we should have more like it.
Classic Corrie have started putting an alert out before episodes of the storyline involving Hayley post transition and the bullying she is getting and cries of freak. Dan wooton interviewed the confused luvvie Amanda Barrie and lied why the alert was there. Fucking shameful from wooton to get the right reaction from the deranged Barrie. .

Exactly. Sadly there is a market for this right wing shouty shite, this channel couldn't get to it. He will. Times Radio will soon be UK News
Maybe. It could be that the failure of GBN is just a nul hypothesis along the way to something that could actually matter. But I also wonder if it's just disproving the idea that a gammon news channel is possible without heavy subsidy.

Maybe. It could be that the failure of GBN is just a nul hypothesis along the way to something that could actually matter. But I also wonder if it's just disproving the idea that a gammon news channel is possible without heavy subsidy.

A mate of mine was a bit disappointed at the travails of the channel when I mentioned it at the pub earlier.
He and his son watch it quite a lot.
They call it Gammon News and think it’s hilarious.

Obviously it isn't 😀 As well as I do you know Murdoch will make it work, as ever the cunt has played his hand well

A mate of mine was a bit disappointed at the travails of the channel when I mentioned it at the pub earlier.
He and his son watch it quite a lot.
They call it Gammon News and think it’s hilarious.
I'm actually watching it now, and it is pretty funny. Just had Michelle Dewberry waffling for about a minute about how she was about to say good morning when it was actually the evening. Then she started complaining that she wasn't being given the news headlines in her teleprompter even though she had been dropping hints. Headlines after the adverts she said, after an apparent thumbs up from someone. Then the ad break, which lasted about ten seconds with no actual adverts. Then an apology from Michelle that there wouldn't be any news headlines.

That's probably less than three minutes' content at random. It's quite a special channel.

I'm actually watching it now, and it is pretty funny. Just had Michelle Dewberry waffling for about a minute about how she was about to say good morning when it was actually the evening. Then she started complaining that she wasn't being given the news headlines in her teleprompter even though she had been dropping hints. Headlines after the adverts she said, after an apparent thumbs up from someone. Then the ad break, which lasted about ten seconds with no actual adverts. Then an apology from Michelle that there wouldn't be any news headlines.

That's probably less than three minutes' content at random. It's quite a special channel.
I quite liked how she tried to explain to the doctor's 3yr old daughter she was talking to daddy about an NHS app .

Are we sure it isnt a secret series 2 of the short-lived David Lynch & Mark Frost sitcom 'On The Air'?

When it first aired, Ken Tucker of Entertainment Weekly gave it a positive B+ review, writing, "On the Air is a one-joke sitcom that makes explicit the message that... TV is stupid, and people will watch anything. Its undisguised contempt is pretty enthralling."

They're discussing England taking the knee etc. "I remember David Beckham did something. I don't pretend to be a football fan, but I vaguely remember he did something on the pitch and got criticised. Are we saying now, all these years later, that you can't criticise a footballer if they're black?"

I’d go back to school for that
I can't even slag it off because I refuse to watch it. Not the Carry On's, Babs baps are the cakes of feminine joy.

I think GeeBeebies was set up in the hope that Donald T Rapist really was rich enough to bankroll anything that helped him.
Or that skinwalker freak, the diseased Steve Bannon flakey human might have pumped Putin money into it.
I don't watch news anymore. I quit. I remember Andrew Neil being a fine broadcaster.
I say fine, I mean a moody Scottish wanker that might have thought to check his retirement plan would not look like Young Tory Student Cable TV.
We are now in Q3 in terms of optional advertising (starting 1st August) so expect EVERYONE apart from the MYPILLOW guy and some Indian bitcoin scammers to stop paying to advertise, as new contracts are signed. The existing Q2 period has already seen the following companies actively pull out from a blanket marketing option via Sky, and I hashtag them on purpose, to add to the humiliation and downfall of a channel that takes Michelle Dewberry seriously:

#IKEA, #Nivea, #Grolsch, #Kopparberg and the #Open University AND #Moneysupermarket​

Should false eyelashes be allowed in school.

"Eleven, twelve, thirteen. Definitely not. Fourteen, it should be encouraged" says mum.

"Chelsea, do you feel you need false lashes?" asks Michelle.

"It's different for different people. I feel like they give me confidence."

Long pause. This is like Grundy if the Sex Pistols had answered a question sensibly.

Should false eyelashes be allowed in school.

"Eleven, twelve, thirteen. Definitely not. Fourteen, it should be encouraged" says mum.

"Chelsea, do you feel you need false lashes?" asks Michelle.

"It's different for different people. I feel like they give me confidence."

Long pause. This is like Grundy if the Sex Pistols had answered a question sensibly.
Michelle Dewberry, wasn't she part of the hairy bollock they call Alan Sugar's outfit? No disrespect to bollocks.
If ever a bollock was to rise up and declare itself human it would look like Alan Sugar.

She was, I believe, a pube on the bollock.
Even crabs take the knee when threatened. No implicated comparison between crabs having lots of knees and Michelle Dewberry on her knees implied.
If she were a pube that would imply growth. A stinking peroxide cyst would be more apt. But I have gone too far.

Michelle to Isabelle Oakeshott.

"Sorry, I can't really say your name. It's because Os sound a bit weird in my accent. So that's why I haven't said it."

And of course reducing a woman to being a simple instrument of service would be something totally against right wing culture.
Let's start with abortion law... bring the boss some fresh Kleenex re-badged as Amstrad, lets have a look at Sir Alan Sugar and his relationship with Ghislaine Maxwell...

Last edited:
"backshot" likely more familiar in her vernacular vocab-bub-blub-blub thank-you Sir Sugar I'll get the tissues. I can say that because I don't care.
I'm sure Ms Dewberry never gobbled Alan The Overgrown Hairy Bollock any sexual favours at all on the path to reach the giddy heights of her "fame".
And of course reducing a woman to being a simple instrument of service would be something totally against right wing culture. Let's start with abortion law... bring the boss some fresh Kleenex re-badged as Amstrad

Wtf is this shit?

It's John McAndrew, the channel’s director of programming, that has gone, the Chief Executive is Angelos Frangopoulos, they haven't quit.

Yet.
Looks like they poached McAndrew temporarily from Euronews, maybe an old friend of Neil. Seems to me McAndrew has fled the nest and taken his key staff with him.
They are fundamentally fucked. Without a bonafide Captain they are just chum in the water. The advertisers know it. UK is a more woke nation after the Euro 2020.
Even Boris will take the knee soon. Though probably for a tip of Prince Andrew's sweaty little sword.

Back
Top Bottom