Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

He was fairly sane, so it looks like the loons are winning the battle for control.

“I didn’t ask anyone at their interview how they voted,” GB News director John McAndrew tells me when I ask whether the channel will lean to the right politically. It’s a suggestion he rejects ahead of its launch, saying instead that GB News will “come at things straight down the middle”.

“We have people with all shades of opinion,” McAndrew (pictured), 51, says. “There’s a place for everyone on the channel.”

I can't see Neil returning now, unless the backers step in and get shot of Frangopoulos, who as CEO is clearly winning the battle ATM.

They need to move one of those studio cameras into Frangopoulos' office, and start showing some breaking news. :thumbs:

A couple of posts from Digital Spy

Some of you know, my marketing agency was originally approached by their PR agency to do SEO for GB News, which we declined. But I still get updates on the channel through my contacts. GB News are exploring a summer hiatus.

The report this morning that they are scaling back local news is true. They've gutted their plans to have local regional pages on their website, which was originally part of their scope. I'm unsure if that means more culture war discussions. That's not going to fly with some of the key people involved, who (despite how it looks) genuinely wanted to launch the TV equivalent to LBC.

I got a message from a contact, saying the shit has totally hit the fan at GBN towers, with people threatening to leave, left, right & centre, and there's even talk of a summer hiatus.

I wasn't sure what to make of that, then Neil, who has not been tweeting about the channel recently, suddenly tweeted this -

There's a proper battle going on. :D

It's not all bad, I saw this and have now got all my keys in the freezer each in its individual block of ice. Nobody's ever going to steal anything from me again.

This exchange was worth typing out:

"I drive a car which is very desirable and I keep the keys in the freezer overnight, because they can't access the code even if they've got a gizmo at the front door."

"Putting your keys in the freezer. I mean, what happens to the battery?"

"I don't know, Simon. I honestly don't know. But I'd rather have to go to Halfords to get a battery replaced than have to go through my insurance one or two times a year to get the car replaced."

Last edited:
This exchange was worth typing out:

"I drive a car which is very desirable and I keep the keys in the freezer overnight, because they can't access the code even if they've got a gizmo at the front door."

"Putting your keys in the freezer. I mean, what happens to the battery?"

"I don't know, Simon. I honestly don't know. But I'd rather have to go to Halfords to get a battery replaced that have to go through my insurance one or two times a year to get the car replaced."

Put your keys in a metal box such as a biscuit tin, that will act as a faraday cage.

The expansion and contraction of the circuit board as well as the water that's deposited there is not going to do the keys any good at all.

Back
Top Bottom