Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Teenage reporter Tom Harwood just had a very chummy interview with Professor Deidre NcCloskey - why are we so wealthy?
I was "alarmed" to note that this veteran lady economist looked rather manly for a woman economist on GB News.
The few minutes I saw of the interview there was no mention of trans issues, but it turns out Deidre started life as Donald.

Anybody watch it all? Was Deidre just selling her book, or did GB News invite her on as a gimmick - to demonstrate their broad mindedness perhaps?
Or maybe they can't tell the difference?

Teenage reporter Tom Harwood just had a very chummy interview with Professor Deidre NcCloskey - why are we so wealthy?
I was "alarmed" to note that this veteran lady economist looked rather manly for a woman economist on GB News.
The few minutes I saw of the interview there was no mention of trans issues, but it turns out Deidre started life as Donald.

Anybody watch it all? Was Deidre just selling her book, or did GB News invite her on as a gimmick - to demonstrate their broad mindedness perhaps?
Or maybe they can't tell the difference?
Not feeling the need to mention "trans issues" when interviewing an economist about economics is, frankly, one of the few positive things I've heard about the dreadful channel.

Not feeling the need to mention "trans issues" when interviewing an economist about economics is, frankly, one of the few positive things I've heard about the dreadful channel.
If that is so - I will see if this is on Youtube in full later.

Not sure how woke you can go with a right-wing economist.
Could have just been a lack of research, like when they had Don McClean on.
If you think she;s right wing her recent work sounds far from fascist
1654197450294.png
£15.75 new, £10.83 secondhand from Abe Books

If you think she;s right wing her recent work sounds far from fascist
View attachment 325260
£15.75 new, £10.83 secondhand from Abe Books

She is far from fascist. Very far.

What probably got GBN interested is that she is an expert in the economic glory days of the UK.

As an addendum to that, she sees the massive wealth generated by the British economy in the last century of Empire as being down to innovation, as opposed to capital accumulation.

Regardless of her arguments, I think that would be seen as, at best, contentious on this site, and also aural ambrosia to the GBN crowd.

Last edited:

Tbh I caught the updated version of ‘Record Breakers’ once on kids BBC a couple of decades ago, long after Roy Castle and that fash cunt had gone. They had someone attempting the world record for exactly this clothes peg stunt. In my childhood it was all about the biggest jump, longest bridge, fastest boat etc. but obviously they’d run out of proper records and had deteriorated to this kind of shit, and flash mob drivel like the record for the most number of people singing Unchained Melody while performing a handstand or something.

Monthly viewing figures for May are out, a year on from launch and despite all the new presenters & shows having had time to settle in, GB News is still not making any real headway, they can't even get close to Sky Sports News, let alone the real news channels from the BBC & Sky, although they are no longer in the bottom position thanks to the launch of TalkTV.

Both GBN & TalkTV should not just be concerned about how many homes they are reaching monthly, but even more worried about those 'average daily minutes' spent watching.

2h.png

Monthly viewing figures for May are out, a year on from launch and despite all the new presenters & shows having had time to settle in, GB News is still not making any real headway, they can't even get close to Sky Sports News, let alone the real news channels from the BBC & Sky, although they are no longer in the bottom position thanks to the launch of TalkTV.

Both GBN & TalkTV should not just be concerned about how many homes they are reaching monthly, but even more worried about those 'average daily minutes' spent watching.

View attachment 326843
GB News have at least broadened their appeal with an interview with a 79 years old TS economist follower of Adam Smith (as opposed to the more normal - for them - A Hitler)
Talk TV looks to me as though it is the station of preference for lorry drivers. I guess if you get bored with Talk TV you move onto Blaze and watch garage sales in Texas (or ancient aliens in Bedford).

Is there some kind of UFO/right wing convergence out there, or just imagining read it somewhere?
I would recommend

1655030666989.png

According to Carl Gustav Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179) saw them. Jung thought that medieval engravings of Hildegard having visions suggested she may have been epileptic. In any event according to Jung UFOs are a symptom of paranoia and fluctuate with paranoid externalities such as the Cold War,
I guess we are about to enter a UFO boom.

Back
Top Bottom