Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

BBC showing the cops having a rest beside a wall - pretty sure in '68 they used to cane bottles of wine to get them in the mood durinhg these down times- but they banned them from drinking on duty very recently ?

Scotland Yard’s former director of hostage negotiations, Roy Ramm, has described the twin-siege in Paris as “one of the most difficult situations you could possibly imagine”.

Speaking to Sky News, Ramm said one of the first things investigators would want to do is ensure that there is no communication between the Charlie Hebdo suspects holed up in Dammartin-en-Goele and their apparent accomplice who has taken up to six hostages in a kosher supermarket in east Paris.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...s-live-updates#block-54afeab7e4b0461a99f13a69

Roy Ramm - now there's a face from the past with which seasoned cop watchers can conjure...

Must be bloody terrifying for the police involved.

Assault rifles, body armour, combat fatigues, paramilitary training and god knows what else - these chaps are seriously dangerous, even for a SWAT team.

He's right, good on him, respect.

Speech delivered by video link because of the real threat of Israeli assassination, obviously - it's noteworthy that fuckin Hizbollah's response is more rational than the charmer that the BBC found for a 'They had it coming' vox pop on Radio 4 this morning, & it ties back into Keenan Malik's pieces quoted yesterday by butchersapron & danny la rouge about who gets to represent 'the muslim community', & why.

(More of the speech here - Iran, a country irrational enough to arrest citizens for dancing inappropriately, has also condemned the attack)

Edited to add - the current regime & its theocratic judiciary act irrationally & oppressively - not the country - I misspoke.

Last edited:
Iran was never exactly going to come out in support of an ISIS (at the very least) inspired attack though was it? Why are you surprised?

I'm not expressing surprise about the condemnation, I'm expressing interest that it wasn't widely reported. I brought it up in relation to the 'clash of civilisations' narrative prevalent in sections of the press, in response to the BBC finding a fella who didn't condemn the attacks to lead a vox pop piece this morning, & in relation to the Keenan Malik pieces discussed yesterday - the news shows Obama & Cameron condemning, but not Middle Eastern Muslim groups or nations, & that perpetuates the 'they're not like us/civilisation vs barbarism' Orientalism line.

BBC showing the cops having a rest beside a wall - pretty sure in '68 they used to cane bottles of wine to get them in the mood durinhg these down times- but they banned them from drinking on duty very recently ?

I'd definitely want half a bottle of red if it looked like a shootout was about to kick off.

Are these cunts going to hurry up and find their way to Games Workshop and claim their 72 virgins before teatime? I have a train to catch.

It says here that Monsieur Coulibaly met Sarkozy in 2009.

View attachment 66096
Translation:
He spent all his life in the neighborhood of Great Borne in Grigny, and today will meet Nicolas Sarkozy. Amedi Coulibaly, 27, works in the Coca-Cola plant in his hometown.

He and nine other people like him in alternating(?) training will meet the President of the Republic, who wants to meet companies engaged in favor of youth employment.

"Ultimately, if the president can help me get a job"

"It makes me happy," smiled Amedi yesterday. "I do not know what I'll say. I'll start with Hello!" Above all, he will talk about his job, his current position which ends on 30 September. "Ultimately, if the president can help me get hired ...," he whispers. But the mission of Amedi will not stop with a simple hello and telling his story. One boy surrounded by nine sisters, he is responsible to obtain many "autographs and photos for my family!" It may be an intimidating experience. "In Grigny, we do not often go to the Elysee. Receptions, I do not know," he says. "In addition, in the cities, with youth, Sarkozy is not really very popular. But it's nothing personal. In fact, it is the same for most politicians." But the question for him to claim anything once in front of Nicolas Sarkozy: "The encounter in real life, it is impressive. Like it or not, he's still the president."

Back
Top Bottom