Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Freeman-on-the-land idiocies

How was it deatl with? By people trying to loudly shout it's all bollocks? With NO proof what so ever? Yeah, that dealt with lots of stuff :facepalm: All that has been given as "proof" that the FOTL movement is bollocks, is peoples opinions. That's a fact.

Well, he hasn't won any court case and he still has to pay the tax.

You want to be careful - you're in a box there you know. Four corners.

YOU won't find me arguing in favour of CT and other regressive taxes, but you also won't find me arguing against all taxation and in favour of living without any state services whatsoever. Living "on the land" is fine if you're healthy and wealthy.

Anyone in this thread arguing against all taxation? I'm not.

I'd like to se an end to goverment, and an end to the monetary system. As we don't need them anymore.

Well, he hasn't won any court case and he still has to pay the tax.

You want to be careful - you're in a box there you know. Four corners.

The court hasn't won either, and a tenner to the server fund* says he never pays CT again.

*on top of my subscription....

YOU won't find me arguing in favour of CT and other regressive taxes, but you also won't find me arguing against all taxation and in favour of living without any state services whatsoever. Living "on the land" is fine if you're healthy and wealthy.

A perfect system is what is required; I doubt there is such a thing. A fairer system would be a good start.

The court hasn't won either, and a tenner to the server fund* says he never pays CT again.

*on top of my subscription....

Anybody can *not pay their council tax*, that isn't hard. I could go and cancel my DD right now. Some people avoid paying it for ages, too. It doesnt mean a lot unless there's actually somebody somewhere saying "you don't have to pay your council tax because you came up with this magic legal spell, Mr Potter".

Anybody can *not pay their council tax*, that isn't hard. I could go and cancel my DD right now. Some people avoid paying it for ages, too. It doesnt mean a lot unless there's actually somebody somewhere saying "you don't have to pay your council tax because you came up with this magic legal spell, Mr Potter".

Will you "get away"* with it in court, without the method in the video?

*ok, he hasn't got away with it so far, but it's first blood to the freeman. (and aslong as he plays it right, that's how it'll stay)

We're not liable to pay Council Tax. I am still interested in the issues raised here, about the courts behaviour and the unfairness of the tax itself.

It seems noone else is ...

I'm not the one waving my metaphorical hands around going 'But these are the real issues! We should be discussing these things!'

You do realise that I'm not saying that "these are the real issues" and that we should only be discussing these sorts of thing? I've started about 2 trheads on the FOTL subject in my 10 years of being here. Your logic is not only utterly floored, but it makes you look as thick as you think I look. Please stop putting words and thoughts in my mouth. It makes you look silly(er than me)

I'm not the one waving my metaphorical hands around going 'But these are the real issues! We should be discussing these things!'

Says the man who didn't watch the video but still knows everything there is to know. :rolleyes::D

Will you "get away"* with it in court, without the method in the video?

*ok, he hasn't got away with it so far, but it's first blood to the freeman. (and aslong as he plays it right, that's how it'll stay)

He hasn't in any sense won anything at all. Nothing whatsoever has happened. He is still just as liable as he was previously. All it is is somebody wasting time.

Says the man who didn't watch the video but still knows everything there is to know. :rolleyes::D

and this is the mark of what we call in the trade, psuedo skeptisism. No knowledge of a subject, but I'll try and belittle you out of it anyway, by trying to claim that you're thick ect. i wonder how many people on here who'ce called me thick or ignorant, have watched it.

and this is the mark of what we call in the trade, psuedo skeptisism. No knowledge of a subject, but I'll try and belittle you out of it anyway, by trying to claim that you're thick ect. i wonder how many people on here who'ce called me thick or ignorant, have watched it.

Just pseud will do in this case.

He hasn't in any sense won anything at all. Nothing whatsoever has happened. He is still just as liable as he was previously. All it is is somebody wasting time.

That will be the view of somebody who is looking at it from a "law society" POV. But this is a massive landmark case for what is yet to come. Noone else would have got away with what they did, in court (unless they woz a coppah) And you know it. You can go try it if you like, let me know how you get on :D

CT is unfair, and the old Lib-Dem approach of a national contribution from income tax was potentially a better way forward (on the assumption that the structure of the national income tax was balanced to reflect total wealth income so the rich paid their share of tax based on share of total national wealth). Another way to make CT fairer would be to do banding revaluations on a more frequent basis (and it'd be a piece of piss since the data by postcode is available online), and/or introduce more bands at the top end and take more in contributions from the rich.

I can't comment on the court's behaviour as I can't see the video, but for all we know, this is something those magistrates have had to deal with on a number of occassions, and it's at the point of being a nuisance claim - who knows? We dont'. We've got a few minutes of partial video footage that not everyone can see.

To be fair, it was good to see a copper behaving himself and refusing to intervene. :)

You do realise that I'm not saying that "these are the real issues" and that we should only be discussing these sorts of thing? I've started about 2 trheads on the FOTL subject in my 10 years of being here. Your logic is not only utterly floored, but it makes you look as thick as you think I look. Please stop putting words and thoughts in my mouth. It makes you look silly(er than me)

Hmm. Did you see who I quoted in my post? Here's a hint - it wasn't you.

To be fair, it was good to see a copper behaving himself and refusing to intervene. :)

Yeah, they sat back and watched. I think they all learnt something about the legal system that day :D i was expecting some rough justice. Them coppahs weren't cunts. (but I never wrote that, nor thought that :hmm: ;) )

Another way to make CT fairer would be to do banding revaluations on a more frequent basis (and it'd be a piece of piss since the data by postcode is available online), and/or introduce more bands at the top end and take more in contributions from the rich. .

So if I'm retired and they improve the area I'm living in that boosts property prices, I have to pay more in local taxes ?

CT is unfair, and the old Lib-Dem approach of a national contribution from income tax was potentially a better way forward (on the assumption that the structure of the national income tax was balanced to reflect total wealth income so the rich paid their share of tax based on share of total national wealth). Another way to make CT fairer would be to do banding revaluations on a more frequent basis (and it'd be a piece of piss since the data by postcode is available online), and/or introduce more bands at the top end and take more in contributions from the rich.

I can't comment on the court's behaviour as I can't see the video, but for all we know, this is something those magistrates have had to deal with on a number of occassions, and it's at the point of being a nuisance claim - who knows? We dont'. We've got a few minutes of partial video footage that not everyone can see.

There's nothing much to see about the court's behaviour on the video that hasn't been reported here. The key issue being that the judgement was signed 2.5 hours before the case started. That would appear to be a matter of some concern, which goes far beyond CT and the specifics of this particular case.

That will be the view of somebody who is looking at it from a "law society" POV. But this is a massive landmark case for what is yet to come. Noone else would have got away with what they did, in court (unless they woz a coppah) And you know it. You can go try it if you like, let me know how you get on :D

How can it be a landmark case? There was no precedent created.

Hmm. Did you see who I quoted in my post? Here's a hint - it wasn't you.

SAo who is the one wavbing metaphysical hands about the place? I mean, the majority of slurs on this thread (if not all) are in my direction, so why wasn't that one? I don't think I've seen ymu saying that we should have to discuss these subjects and NO OTHERZ !!11ONE

I can try to not get a court to rule in my favour, and to make no difference to anything? I can do that right here sitting on my arse. Look, I've done it! And again!

Anyone in this thread arguing against all taxation? I'm not.

again, income tax is the same thing. You need to give permission for consent to pay it. (basically, you say, yes I'll pay this with glee, every time you sign a form for it) Fuck them, and their law. :cool:

Play them at their own game of legal loop holes and acutal LAW.

SAo who is the one wavbing metaphysical hands about the place? I mean, the majority of slurs on this thread (if not all) are in my direction, so why wasn't that one? I don't think I've seen ymu saying that we should have to discuss these subjects and NO OTHERZ !!11ONE

The person I quoted in my post. That's why I quoted them.

Back
Top Bottom