Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

Words almost fail me. Just about manage cunt.

Edit to add this seems to be a fake article but will leave it here for context.

Eas90BYXsAEwjLb

Last edited:
That's the second bit of 'fake news' that's been posted on this thread that I've noticed.

Fair enough that people point it out quickly but I've noticed a general increase in this sort of thing on the boards. It's not good really is it? What's causing it? Are people so keen to be the first to add something new to the thread that they don't engage their critical thinking skills or what?

That's the second bit of 'fake news' that's been posted on this thread that I've noticed.

Fair enough that people point it out quickly but I've noticed a general increase in this sort of thing on the boards. It's not good really is it? What's causing it? Are people so keen to be the first to add something new to the thread that they don't engage their critical thinking skills or what?
Sometimes our critical thinking skills fail us anyway :(

But aye, agree with the general point.

I apologise for posting this. I saw it floating around on twitter yesterday but did not post it. When it was still there today I presumed it was genuine. It is not the first time I have posted up something that turns out to be factually incorrect & will try to be more careful in the future.

editor said:
Fucking brilliant stuff. And he's just 22 years old.
Marcus Rashford : Food voucher U-turn after footballer's campaign

Can anyone remember what the PM was doing at 22?

iu

(Apologies for reposting that vile picture) .... I was hoping to answer stavros 's question literally. It's just see the picture though, because my search failed (as in what exactly was Boris Johnson doing when he was 22?) :oops:
Still, here's a reference to something he wrote twelve years later ....

Marina Hyde said:
As for the prime minister … shortly before Marcus Rashford was born to a single mother who he idolises for her tireless work and sacrifices, Boris Johnson was writing that single mothers were producing a generation of “ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate children”. Which, let’s face it, means so much more coming from him.

I believe you will find that he is the same Marcus Rashford who is referred to in these earlier news reports:

Manchester United's Marcus Rashford target of racist abuse on Twitter

Marcus Rashford: Racism 'spike' is unbelievable - Man Utd & England striker

'This has to stop': Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford join calls for change

4A1C537300000578-5489941-image-a-2_1520846442554.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

England footballer, Marcus Rashford with his mother Melanie. In May 2016, aged just 18 years and 208 days, Rashford became the youngest player to score on his England full international debut. Young Rashford has stated: 'My mum would go days without sleeping, worrying about how she would cover the next round of bills, worried that I could get in trouble, mixing with the wrong crowds, if she couldn’t keep her eyes on me while working every hour of the day. Even at seven or eight years old I recognised her worry, but I also recognised that she was trying her best. I’ve said it once and I will say it again: this system was not built for families like mine to succeed, no matter how hard we are working.'

Marcus Rashford has won the Premier League Academy Graduate award for the 2019/20 season after playing an inspirational role on and off the pitch

Marcus Rashford returns to ‘day job’ after attaining cult hero status with activism

31305760-8570025-Man_United_s_Marcus_Rashford_has_continued_his_inspirational_wor-a-104_1595974986033.jpg

Rashford helped out at a factory by loading up food with other workers of FareShare

31305758-8570025-Rashford_centre_posted_the_photos_on_Twitter_with_the_caption_Th-a-107_1595975157985.jpg

Marcus Rashford (centre) poses with other workers of the charity FareShare

Back
Top Bottom