Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

Yes, very unfortunate, but it's difficult though, isn't it?...someone acting suspiciously in the early hours and flees...a chase is authorised (presumably unlike Cardiff). The guy could have had a knife and been looking for students to stab...in those cases we expect the police to intervene...the guy jumps over a wall onto the tracks and fries himself on the live rail and is found some time later by a helicopter...so we can assume the coppers weren't exactly in hot pursuit at the time of the fatality.
No we can't

I think after Nottingham every police force in the country is on edge and hypervigilant especially in the early hours and if someone appears to acting unusually or erratically I can totally understand the police be extra cautious with public safety and being a bit full on.
And yet I note that the suspect now turns out to be known to the police, and to have mental health issues.

Don't for a minute assume that I am excusing his actions on that basis, but we are looking, quite possibly, at yet another example of the cost of not addressing mental health issues properly, promptly, and effectively.

Too often, I have seen and heard how ineffective interventions, broken promises, and downright cruelty on the part of the mental health system have left sufferers feeling marginalised, excluded, and experiencing the full sense of our societal disdain for anyone who doesn't just pull themselves together and get back to being a useful little worker ant.

It is inevitable that some small proportion of those end up resorting to extreme behaviours. Of course, many, many more will have resorted to rather less scaring-the-horses behaviours, like killing themselves (see the suicide rates lately?), but of course those don't matter, because they don't really affect "us".

And yet I note that the suspect now turns out to be known to the police, and to have mental health issues.

Don't for a minute assume that I am excusing his actions on that basis, but we are looking, quite possibly, at yet another example of the cost of not addressing mental health issues properly, promptly, and effectively.

Too often, I have seen and heard how ineffective interventions, broken promises, and downright cruelty on the part of the mental health system have left sufferers feeling marginalised, excluded, and experiencing the full sense of our societal disdain for anyone who doesn't just pull themselves together and get back to being a useful little worker ant.

It is inevitable that some small proportion of those end up resorting to extreme behaviours. Of course, many, many more will have resorted to rather less scaring-the-horses behaviours, like killing themselves (see the suicide rates lately?), but of course those don't matter, because they don't really affect "us".
Mental health services were the first in line for NHS cuts at great cost to us all. May possibly be deserving of it's own thread.

Mental health services were the first in line for NHS cuts at great cost to us all. May possibly be deserving of it's own thread.
And it's been like that for decades. Scum as the current incumbents are, they're not alone in this. Mental Health services have been a Cinderella for as long as I have had any involvement with them.

Which is awful from a personal point of view, and awful from a moral point of view. But it's also pretty stupid from a societal - AND a financial - point of view. Which is what we're seeing with the police saying they're no longer prepared to pick up the slack. It might be a stopped-clock moment (let's face it, the police rarely show insight or nuance), but it does at least help bring the failings of the system into plain view. Which isn't much help for people experiencing crises of mental health, but maybe this is a bit of a "lancing the boil" moment. Or would be, if we had a government which gave any kind of a shit about people's lives other than their own.

It’s kind of reasonable to run away from the police though, isn’t it? I have done in the past
so if you were driving a car and the police are asking you to stop, you would drive off? and then run away when you crashed the car? I mean... FYI for your own future safety that probably isn't best practice.

so if you were driving a car and the police are asking you to stop, you would drive off? and then run away when you crashed the car? I mean... FYI for your own future safety that probably isn't best practice.
I've seen people assaulted by the police while in police custody and we all know of people who've been killed by the police in public so tbf you're talking put of your arse. Again

Only one complaint out of 474 against Wiltshire police in year to April 2021 led to official disciplinary process.

New Police Chief attempts to clean up Wiltshire police image.

Last edited:
Former Wiltshire PC Christopher Grant accused of 'abusing position for sexual purposes'. He resigned before misconduct hearing.

Former Wiltshire Police Inspector fined for possessing illegal bestiality images.

Former Wiltshire Police Sergeant resigned after investigation into repeated sexualised comments to female police officer.

You're absolutely right, I fear. This is a result of a lack of funding - proper levels of funding - over many years, and whilst asylum-based care absolutely needed reform, care in the community has been demonstrated to not be an adequate replacement for intensive nurturing mental health care in a ward situation.

Suicide rates are up for both men and women, young, middle-aged and old. Society is in crisis.

Only one complaint out of 474 against Wiltshire police in year to April 2021 led to official disciplinary process.
https;//www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/20202317.hundreds-complaints-made-wiltshire-police-one-led-misconduct-hearing/

New Police Chief attempts to clean up Wiltshire police image.
ONE???? ONE???

You're absolutely right, I fear. This is a result of a lack of funding - proper levels of funding - over many years, and whilst asylum-based care absolutely needed reform, care in the community has been demonstrated to not be an adequate replacement for intensive nurturing mental health care in a ward situation.

Suicide rates are up for both men and women, young, middle-aged and old. Society is in crisis.

Correct. Two weeks before my suicide attempt I reported to both the crisis team and my local A&E that I was considering it and that also that I had ran out of my meds. The crisis team told me to go to the hospital and they both refused to section me based on all of the hospitals being full and also refused to provide me with any medication.

Naturally I walked out of the waiting room shouting if I commit suicide tonight it's going to be your fault and the only response was "we don't accept people shouting at us in the hospital"

Last edited:
Correct. Two weeks before my suicide attempt I reported to both the crisis team and my local A&E that I was considering it and that also that I had ran out of my meds. The crisis team told me to go to the hospital and the both refused to section me based on all of the hospitals being full and also refused to provide me with any medication.

Naturally I walked out of the waiting room shouting if I commit suicide tonight it's going your fault and the only response was "we don't accept people shouting at us in the hospital.
It honestly seems to me that there's only action once someone tries to commit suicide.

Whilst I am in a foul mood with these wankers I reported a sexual assault and gave a full interview Monday last week.

So far they have not even interviewed the person I made the allegations about. Useless wankers.

If you were minding your own business walking down a street late at night, and a car suddenly mounted the pavement in front of you and two burly fellas came out of it rudely asking you what you were doing, without identifying themselves, would you not be tempted to flee?

Back
Top Bottom