Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

Statement from Greater Manchester police. Still completely unjustified IMO:

View attachment 434722
On the video it appeared that there was one man, to me clearly unwell, face down on the floor being attended to by a woman.

That doesn't sound like the event the statement described but even if there was an earlier altercation there was zero justification for that police officer to viciously kick the man in the face then stamp on his head.

I appreciate there was concern over access to firearms but think that's a red herring.

The whole statement has an air 'yeah, well, they started it'. There's no contrition or apology, not even a hint of regret. Given their recent coverage in the press, GMP have a lot to do to mend their relationship with the public.

On the video it appeared that there was one man, to me clearly unwell, face down on the floor being attended to by a woman.

That doesn't sound like the event the statement described but even if there was an earlier altercation there was zero justified for that police officer to viciously kick the man in the face then stamp on his head.

I appreciate there was concern over access to firearms but think that's a red herring.

The whole statement has an air 'yeah, well, they started it'. There's no contrition or apology, not even a hint of regret. Given their recent coverage in the press, GMP have a lot to do to mend their relationship with the public.
This is Greater Manchester police. The more I hear about them, the less I like. They seem to have a reputation of not giving a fuck.

This is Greater Manchester police. The more I hear about them, the less I like. They seem to have a reputation of not giving a fuck.
Yeah, I have to travel more to Manchester these days and I just keep my fingers crossed I don't need the police while I am there.

Their firearms might have been taken so that makes it ok to use excessive and completely unnecessary force. Pull the other one! No doubt a year of paid leave or desk job, followed by a promotion awaits.
i suspect the Officer who 'stomped' is looking at the barring list even if he doesn't face seperate criminal charges

"A Greater Manchester Police officer has been 'removed from operational duties' after a video showed a man being kicked in the head during an incident at Manchester Airport, it has been confirmed ..."

87714227-13668229-Footage_filmed_by_a_witness_showed_a_male_officer_stamping_on_on-m-77_1721834368676.jpg

87714673-13668229-image-m-60_1721834011598.jpg

Greater Manchester Police officer 'removed from operational duties' after video showed man being kicked in head at Manchester Airport

300px-Greater_Manchester_Police_logo.svg.png

"Greater Manchester Police's Assistant Chief Constable Wasim Chaudhry has tonight issued a further statement on the incident. In it, he confirmed that a male officer has been 'removed from operational duties.' The force confirmed he has not been suspended."

GMP referred themselves to the IOPC after the incident.
For all the good that will do.

"Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it understands the "immense feeling of concern and worry that people feel" after Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it understands the "immense feeling of concern and worry that people feel" after the footage from Manchester Airport emerged."

I think 'concern and worry' are not the feelings of people right now!

For all the good that will do.

"Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it understands the "immense feeling of concern and worry that people feel" after Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it understands the "immense feeling of concern and worry that people feel" after the footage from Manchester Airport emerged."

I think 'concern and worry' are not the feelings of people right now!
I'm very concerned and worried that a police officer thought it was entirely acceptable to kick someone in head and stamp on them AFTER they have been tasered and are down on the floor not moving. Their hands were clearly visible and they were not a threat at that point (if they even were prior to being tasered).

I'm very concerned and worried that a police officer thought it was entirely acceptable to kick someone in head and stamp on them AFTER they have been tasered and are down on the floor not moving. Their hands were clearly visible and they were not a threat at that point (if they even were prior to being tasered).
I meant that people are more angry and outraged right now.

Back
Top Bottom