Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Farage, America’s Come Back tour. Free tickets

What the fuck is that all about? Loads of shops seem to be doing it now. Someone in Debenhams even told me they could only send me my receipt by email. They quickly backtracked when I told them I didn't want to buy the jeans I was getting if they couldn't give me a receipt.

They do it at Halfords too. I gave them a fake email then realised they'd overcharged me and I had to go back and get a refund with no receipt.

Not going back to Halfords anyway. They're shit for everything.

That's only going to work for the first night though isn't it? Fair enough for that, but what's the point in registering for any of the other dates from a UK IP? As it is, it looks like he's attempting to leverage this outrage against his free speech for publicity for the rest of the tour.

That's only going to work for the first night though isn't it? Fair enough for that, but what's the point in registering for any of the other dates from a UK IP? As it is, it looks like he's attempting to leverage this outrage against his free speech for publicity for the rest of the tour.
Yes, Nigel will be the real winner out of this. Why didn’t I see it before?

That's a fair point.

Time to book some more, by selecting a US server via - 4everproxy: Free Web Proxy | Unlimited VPN

because they can just assume anyone who's booked a ticket from a UK IP called 'seymour butts' isn't a real registration?

Well they can but they will have to assyume that everyone with a UK IP address has booked in bad faith. That'll likely mean cancelling genuine bookings too. Besides, they've shown that hand already. People will now be booking through VPNs.

Either way, the goal, to cause the campaign and its promoters added grief and a headache, has been achieved.

The link in the OP seems to be blocked for the UK, but I can view it via a US proxy, but I've tried 3 different US servers and none loads the 'register' page. :mad:

It’s not that difficult is it . The small number millionaire backers need the man frog to be seen in front of large audiences to drive the social media echo chamber for their core demographic. They know most people won’t pay their own money to turn out. This tactic makes it much harder for them to deliver the effect. I imagine they will go for a much smaller number of events by some kind of invitation only. So not only is it a laugh - it’s also activism.... an much easier than chaining yourself to a JCB for 17 hours in the rain.

you believe things Farage says?

He may be a cunt but he doesn't live in opposite land. If something annoying has happened to him and he appears to be annoyed, I believe that yes.

Not to say he won't try and spin it to his advantage but so far he's just coming across as a petulant little crybaby, and that will impress nobody.

The report that's been widely circulated that 17 people turned up doesn't seem to be true anyway, this is a photo Kent Online have of the Pittsburgh event, which looks pretty full to me:

1621435026628.png

Literally all you're doing is making a bit of extra work for eventbrite, and giving Nigel Farage something else to rail against. Great activism guys.

The report that's been widely circulated that 17 people turned up doesn't seem to be true anyway, this is a photo Kent Online have of the Pittsburgh event, which looks pretty full to me:

View attachment 269170

Literally all you're doing is making a bit of extra work for eventbrite, and giving Nigel Farage something else to rail against. Great activism guys.

I couldn't give a fuck about activism, I just like irritating people. That one took about 20 seconds and I like to think I contributed in some tiny way to Farage's annoyance, however mild. And now we've got you on the hook too, so double whammy! 🤪

Back
Top Bottom