Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Farage, America’s Come Back tour. Free tickets

I wonder why they're booking small venues when they think thousands of people are going to come to each event?

I think what it is, is that Farage and Eventbrite are just way smarter than everyone else, saw this coming, planned for it, and are double bluffing with the press and social media rants. What's more, only you can see this! :thumbs:

I think what it is, is that Farage and Eventbrite are just way smarter than everyone else, saw this coming, planned for it, and are double bluffing with the press and social media rants. What's more, only you can see this! :thumbs:
Surely though if the point of booking tickets is to make them think loads of people are coming, but they're still booking the back room at the dog and duck... then it's not working? Maybe I'm missing something though.

Surely though if the point of booking tickets is to make them think loads of people are coming, but they're still booking the back room at the dog and duck... then it's not working? Maybe I'm missing something though.

The venues were announced before people who didn't plan to come started booking tickets - would have been a great result if there had been an update to "Now Moved From the Dog & Duck to the Cincinnati Enormodrome," but the reality was probably just an amusing little extra humiliation for Farage & his team as they explained to the Dog & Duck that they're not expecting most of these people and space concerns will not be an issue.

You've got this the wrong way round haven't you?
if they were convinced that thousands of people were coming, they'd move them to bigger venues. or say that the event was sold out once they reached capacity. neither of those things are happening though, which suggests to me that they don't believe you're coming.

if they were convinced that thousands of people were coming, they'd move them to bigger venues. or say that the event was sold out once they reached capacity. neither of those things are happening though, which suggests to me that they don't believe you're coming.
It’s not about the number of people they were expecting. Gigs don’t sell tickets and then book the venues. So whatever their attendance expectations were, fewer people will be turning up than there are seats available because people are booking spoof seats. Whether they were expecting 100 people or 10,000 isn’t the point. The venues are still going to have fewer people in seats than tickets distributed.

Last edited:
What's happening is he was hoping to do his act in front of audiences of, say, a thousand, but only a hundred or so are turning up (and, quite possibly, he's having to make phonecalls to get them bused in).

What's happening is he was hoping to do his act in front of audiences of, say, a thousand, but only a hundred or so are turning up (and, quite possibly, he's having to make phonecalls to get them bused in).
but the venues booked don't fit a thousand people in, so they obviously weren't expecting this.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was funny as fuck when those k-pop guys trolled the Trump rally last year and they put on a massive outdoor stage that didn't get used. But that kind of thing doesn't seem to be happening here - the only effect I can see it having is Farage having a shout about cancel culture and the like, which he takes every available opportunity to do anyway.

The one I booked for advertises a capacity of 1,200. Garage (as spellcheck suggests I should call him) himself boasted that he would be addressing crowds of 2,000 each night, although this might have been a statistical exaggeration.
Mississippi Coast Coliseum is an 11,500-seat reserved seating, 15,000 festival seating, multi-purpose arena in Biloxi, Mississippi.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was funny as fuck when those k-pop guys trolled the Trump rally last year and they put on a massive outdoor stage that didn't get used. But that kind of thing doesn't seem to be happening here - the only effect I can see it having is Farage having a shout about cancel culture and the like, which he takes every available opportunity to do anyway.
That's not the only effect, is it?

Farage, his backers, and the venues he's dealing must be looking at figures showing that for every person who actually turned up to see him, there's 100 or more who think he's a twat and want to fuck with his tour - maybe the ticketing industry will come up with an algorithm to predict the Farage Ratio for similar figures.

So you've (maybe) hurt Farage's feelings too? Great stuff. It's pretty much on the same level as those viral <politician> it trying to get this photo removed from the internet! wouldn't it be a shame if everyone shared it around! things that appear on facebook from time to time.

So you've (maybe) hurt Farage's feelings too? Great stuff. It's pretty much on the same level as those viral <politician> it trying to get this photo removed from the internet! wouldn't it be a shame if everyone shared it around! things that appear on facebook from time to time.
You're putting a lot of energy into being a miserable git on this thread. :D

It appears to have pissed him off, possibly quite a lot in private although of course he'll put up a front in public. That is all any of us were trying to do. It seems to me to be highly worth the (very little) effort.

Back
Top Bottom