Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2021

I think Hammy will give it at least 1 more season in the new regulations. He'd really like to have more championships than anyone elose.

if he does fair play but if they just going to change the rules if it does not go in the extra viewshipper route would you bother

Am I missing something? People are whining about the decision to let lapped cars overtake, but isn't that exactly what the rules say?

It does remind me of the cricket world cup which England 'won' because the officials didn't actually know the obscure rules which only came to light a few hours later when a retired umpire in Australia pointed out that New Zealand actually won. They didn't complain, it would have ruined the narrative I guess so the same thing here? Can it be overturned?

I dunno, but I don't think they would whatever... even if you 'make stuff up' during the season; you'd hardly want anything decided in a committee room a few weeks later.

Clearly the FIA didn't want to the race to end with them driving round under the safety car - as it should have - so decided to give us all a sprint to the finish, but one where they knew the odds were skewed in Verstappen's favour. Can't say that Verstappen hasn't deserved it over the season - then again I can't say that Lewis hasn't deserved it either - but to have it end like that was a travesty and totally unsatisfying for everyone.

Am I missing something? People are whining about the decision to let lapped cars overtake, but isn't that exactly what the rules say?
I'm no expert, but from what I understand from what everyone else is saying, the rules say all lapped cars should overtake, but only five (those in between Verstappen and Hamilton) were allowed to.

I dunno, but I don't think they would whatever... even if you 'make stuff up' during the season; you'd hardly want anything decided in a committee room a few weeks later.

It would be pretty shit if they did overturn it so I guess the organising body will react like the cricket authorities did and just kick it into the long grass. This has been great publicity for the sport just as the cricket world cup win at Lord's was. Everyone loves a fairytale!

Yeah - you are missing something - they let a convenient number of cars through to ensure there was 1 lap left to race. (Unless I'm missing something..)

if you let lapped car pass , you let all lapped car pass

not just the title contender

thats was makeing people go :hmm:

I'm no expert, but from what I understand from what everyone else is saying, the rules say all lapped cars should overtake, but only five (those in between Verstappen and Hamilton) were allowed to.
But what difference did that make? Wouldn't it have been the same - V (on better tyres) chasing H with nobody between them?

if race control had keeped to the rules it would mean no racing before the checkered flag and all car holding position

let max pass five cars and then suddenly going racing skewed the result of the season

taking nothing away from Max and Redbull as its been a great season

but why fuck it all up by letting interpretations of the rules tait the drivers world championship

But what difference did that make? Wouldn't it have been the same - V (on better tyres) chasing H with nobody between them?
Seems like by the time all cars would have passed, the laps would have run out and the race would have been over, without any overtaking possible.

<e2a: Yeah, this, basically:
if race control had keeped to the rules it would mean no racing before the checkered flag and all car holding position

let max pass five cars and then suddenly going racing skewed the result of the season

taking nothing away from Max and Redbull as its been a great season

but why fuck it all up by letting interpretations of the rules tait the drivers world championship

Seems like by the time all cars would have passed, the laps would have run out and the race would have been over, without any overtaking possible.

<e2a: Yeah, this, basically:

They contrived it to produce one lap of racing... if they'd let all the cars past no more racing.
Ah, I see. Does seem a bit dodgy, then.

Were there actually any other lapped cars that were likely to interfere with points positions racing, though?

Were there actually any other lapped cars that were likely to interfere with points positions racing, though?
Why would that matter? Genuinely don't know, is the rule "all lapped cars" or "lapped cars that might interfere with points"?

<edit: which is to say nothing of actually answering your question, of course, and whether there were other lapped cars in between p3-p10. Although, presuming the cars that were allowed to pass were P3-P8, that still leaves P9 and P10 lapped, right..? :hmm: :confused: >

my take as i'm not invested in redbull or Merc

they want a bit of controversy to hype up the rule changes next year

F1 is now more about selling the product than fair racing

even Bernie was not that much of a twat

Wow last lap of the last race, that was exciting. Congratulations to Max!

Sorry for no chat during the race but we have a house full of people and all laptops were being used by others. We are off to the bar and judging by the number of people here I'm going to have a massive bill to pay ;)

See you all next season :) And as usual I'd ask if anyone is going to start a F1 2022 thread they put all the useful information in the first couple of post for easy reference, calendar, teans and drivers and changes to rules ect.

Thanks for your company over the season :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom