Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

EU watch

So it seems that for the time being at least, the EU are proving harder-core neoliberal capitalist bastards even than the US when it comes to the right to profiteer from COVID.

I'm not sure what the point is of, "but the UK are no better". Yes, we know what this government is like.

I think the only surprising bit is the US coming out with this, but how much it (patent waiver alone) will really help vaccinate the world idk.

Not just our molluscs but our food colourings are not good enough for them now, the hoity toity bastards. :mad:
Well that’s a complete non-story isn’t it?

‘EC proposes ban on product used in all EU states (except France) and the UK. The UK says they’ll take a look at it too’.

Stop the press!

By Christ, The Guardian is a shitrag.

Last edited:
Well that’s a complete non-story is it?

‘EC proposes ban on product used in all EU states (except France) and the UK. The UK says they’ll take a look at it too’.

Stop the press!

By Christ, The Guardian is a shitrag.
It is a shite story yes. Maybe if i stopped ignoring their increasingly big and yellow begging for money their journalism would improve .

I mean, maybe. If anyone needed that pointing out to them. But by that logic is the US all of a sudden a benevolent anti-capitalist entity seems a bit of a stretch.
Where is that the logic? The point is that the US are horrendous disaster capitalists and yet the EU (and UK, if you must) are even further to the right on this issue than this.

Last edited:
Where is that the logic? The point is that the US are horrendous disaster capitalists and yet the EU (and UK, if you must) are even further to the right then this.
Ok. Let’s see what happens, just don’t know if it’s as simple as what you’re suggesting. If all the vaccine patents were waived tomorrow idk how much difference that would make anyway to the immediacy problem.

I’m sure EU decision making will be entirely independent to German concerns.
I hadn't thought of that! Thanks.

Talking of which did people see this?
Currently Greens ahead in some polls with 5 months to an election
Could be interesting.
yes i know the voting record of the greens in germany

Oh Van De Layden doesnt look too keen on the old patent-waver idea. (fair enough this wouldnt solve the problem by itself but it's very telling the response from Brussels/Berlin)

We now have the situation that in some ways the US administration is to the left, of the EU.

Michel Barnier now arguing for France to stop all immigration for 3 to 5 years. A case of insisting during Brexit that the EU doors were always open and then when eyeing up elections in France proposing that they be shut . Ce la vie as they say .

I think it just underlines the idea that the EU are not some benevolent agency protecting the people. It's hardly an original point, but they exist to protect capital.

Oh Van De Layden doesnt look too keen on the old patent-waver idea. (fair enough this wouldnt solve the problem by itself but it's very telling the response from Brussels/Berlin)

We now have the situation that in some ways the US administration is to the left, of the EU.
The US move is pretty much entirely motivated by China sending out sino-vac like candy.

One of the great unsung successes of the EU was that it kept our politicians busy and seeing what they do when they don't have meetings or briefings with EU colleagues or on eu business we see that the devil truly does find work for idle hands
Is that what the D in DWP stands for

Back
Top Bottom