Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

There are as you ought to know six sorts of pedestrian crossings although here I'm only referring to the ones with traffic lights. You haven't come out with any stats so I don't think you're really in a position to be arsy about this
Indeed. I'm not sure how motorists could jump the lights on a pedestrian crossing without lights. I'm accusing you of looking at the green and red men and not noticing that a car has gone through a red light in the seconds before the change of the pedestrian light. I am a naturally impatient fellow and so only look at the traffic light and the buggers jump them all the time.

If you check statistics you'll find approximately 20% of motorists (ie around eight million) have jumped a red light in the last year. Even if every one of the six million or so cyclists in the UK had done so (in fact it's somewhere between 25 and 57% depending on who you believed) it would come nowhere near this figure.

If you check statistics you'll find approximately 20% of motorists (ie around eight million) have jumped a red light in the last year. Even if every one of the six million or so cyclists in the UK had done so (in fact it's somewhere between 25 and 57% depending on who you believed) it would come nowhere near this figure.

Source?

Indeed. I'm not sure how motorists could jump the lights on a pedestrian crossing without lights. I'm accusing you of looking at the green and red men and not noticing that a car has gone through a red light in the seconds before the change of the pedestrian light. I am a naturally impatient fellow and so only look at the traffic light and the buggers jump them all the time.

Yeh I've dealt with your shitty accusation some posts back where I confirmed I'm looking at the lights not the red/green man. Thank you for making a tardy effort to support your case with stats

Why haven't you asked @t&p or Spymaster for sources to back up their dodgy claims about cyclists not stopping for red lights. I'll happily provide sources when they have.

I don't follow this thread, so I've not seen their claims, but as I regularly see cyclists jumping red lights, I would conclude that if they have made such claims, they are in line with my experience.

You, however, made a very specific claim that more drivers than cyclists jump red lights, this is not my experience, very far from it, hence the reasonable request for you to back up your claim.

You quoted T & P saying...

... that doesn't equal 'claims about cyclists not stopping for red lights'.
Yes it does. He's clearly being fascetious and claiming that cyclists don't stop for red lights. If you can't see that, you wouldn't pass a reading comprehension test for eleven year olds.

Yes it does. He's clearly being fascetious and claiming that cyclists don't stop for red lights. If you can't see that, you wouldn't pass a reading comprehension test for eleven year olds.

Seems as you can't even spell 'facetious', you shouldn't even be in the teaching profession.

HTH

BTW - a lot of cyclists don't stop for red lights, that's a fact, I've observed it.

But, you made a VERY specific claim that 'more motorists than cyclists jump red lights', that is nonsense IME and why you have been asked to back up it.

Clearly you can't, so it can be filed under 'that's a tobyjug maomao fact'.

Is this where I point out that even traffic police say they don’t really care about cyclists jumping red lights in most circumstances as they’d rather concentrate on cars doing so, due to the massively increased consequences?

No? Never mind then.

A uSwitch survey of drivers and cyclists. That's me convinced.

Top source, Walt!

All that proves is that most cyclists are liars :D
Even if all the motorists were honest and 100% of cyclists jumped red lights there would still be more motorists who jumped red lights than cyclists. I know you struggle with numeracy but it's not hard.

Back
Top Bottom