Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Dunno, what accusations are you talking about? The problem with Tories tends to be being evil cunts rather than hypocrisy per se.

He probably is a bit of a wally but the point of you posting it here is to discredit protestors generally rather than to highlight his walliness. It's exactly the same thing.
I wasn’t here yet but I believe one or two Tory ministers in the late 80s or early 90s had to fall on their sword- or at least received fierce criticism and accusations of hypocrisy- when they were caught having extra marital affairs whilst serving in John Major’s Back to Basics morality-based government?

I wasn’t here yet but I believe one or two Tory ministers in the late 80s or early 90s had to fall on their sword- or at least received fierce criticism and accusations of hypocrisy- when they were caught having extra marital affairs whilst serving in John Major’s Back to Basics morality-based government?

David Mellor and Neil Hamilton?

Last edited:
They don’t appear to be playing the morality card any more anyway. Nothing sticks to Johnson and Hancock fell on his sword over Covid stuff IIRC rather than banging his mistress.

Yes, I'm specifically saying that's a load of nonsense and less important than their actual behaviour. And very few, if any, were just for having an affair.

Mellor was for financial stuff with shady Arabs. Hamiltons were cash for questions. Cecil Parkinson was sacked from Thatcher's government for lying to her about an affair. Of the ones mentioned so far Tom Yeo is the only one who resigned for anything like 'hipocrisy'

Perhaps adultery is not seen by wider society in the way it was at the time of Profumo etc (obviously there was a National security angle there too)

Perhaps adultery is not seen by wider society in the way it was at the time of Profumo etc (obviously there was a National security angle there too)

Nobody cares unless those doing it are preaching the opposite. But the Tories have long abandoned the Christian vote presumably because it’s now irrelevant.

There's almost always another angle on it but the press delight in exposing the affair that goes along with it like Blunkett's lover's nanny's visa. Prescott's affair came out about the same time and he didn't have to resign.

There's almost always another angle on it but the press delight in exposing the affair that goes along with it like Blunkett's lover's nanny's visa. Prescott's affair came out about the same time and he didn't have to resign.

The press want to sell papers and catching people with their pants down in the wrong place appeals to the curtain twitchers.

Hypocrisy; Joshua Smith has been busy glueing himself to roads on behalf of Insulate Britain, turns out he’s a millionaire landlord. In his portfolio are six properties in Oldham that have energy ratings of E and F.

Hypocrisy; Joshua Smith has been busy glueing himself to roads on behalf of Insulate Britain, turns out he’s a millionaire landlord. In his portfolio are six properties in Oldham that have energy ratings of E and F.
So do you agree with Conservative MP Lee Anderson who said: ‘They are total hippy-crites, with too much money, and no understanding of the real world.’ ?

You're a shoo-in for Tory Central Office. Don't worry too much, many people get more right wing as they age. Spymaster will surely be goose-stepping about the place any day now.

The vehicle was being driven by a cyclist who was too doped-up that morning to remember what mode of transport he had stolen.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the driver of this vehicle has a much longer rap sheet than just driving recklessly.

So do you agree with Conservative MP Lee Anderson who said: ‘They are total hippy-crites, with too much money, and no understanding of the real world.’ ?

No, just daft cunts.

You're a shoo-in for Tory Central Office. Don't worry too much, many people get more right wing as they age. Spymaster will surely be goose-stepping about the place any day now.

So no, I won’t be joining you and Raab at your love-in.

Landlords campaigning for a government bailout ?

Anyone who criticises landlord hypocrisy is a Tory now, according to the car abolitionists? Not a surprise I suppose. Most militant cyclists are supporters of the LibDems, which has a greater proportion of landlords amongst its members than any other party.

It’s not actually hypocrisy though is it - their whole campaign is that the government should pay for this. He’s being entirely consistent.

Anyone who criticises landlord hypocrisy is a Tory now, according to the car abolitionists? Not a surprise I suppose. Most militant cyclists are supporters of the LibDems, which has a greater proportion of landlords amongst its members than any other party.
No. He's a scumbag because he's a landlord regardless of whether or not he was on a protest. The 'hypocrisy' is just smearing. Jimmy Savile was a hypocrite but that doesn't mean people shouldn't help charity.

No. He's a scumbag because he's a landlord regardless of whether or not he was on a protest. The 'hypocrisy' is just smearing. Jimmy Savile was a hypocrite but that doesn't mean people shouldn't help charity.
But people rightly despise Savile.

But people rightly despise Savile.
Yes, and landlords. But you're not discussing him because he's a landlord. You're discussing him because he's a road protestor and you want to smear the rest of them by association. I'm sure there are some lovely road protestors too but that's still got nothing to do with whether they're right or not.

Yes, and landlords. But you're not discussing him because he's a landlord. You're discussing him because he's a road protestor and you want to smear the rest of them by association. I'm sure there are some lovely road protestors too but that's still got nothing to do with whether they're right or not.
He's being discussed because he's both. Exactly as most people expect. Rich kid with lots of poorly insulated houses wants free insulation for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom