Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Oh yeah, about houses.

Well, actually we have banned falling in houses. Because we have building regulations that say you're not allowed to build anything where anyone can fall more than 40cm.

But putting something in cars to stop people driving over the speed limit - well that would just be too much interference in everyone's freedom and human rights.

We have systems to stop people dying when they fall from roofs. Doesn’t mean people stick to them.

We have systems to stop people dying when they fall from roofs. Doesn’t mean people stick to them.
You have to distinguish between rules that attempt to stop people from injuring or killing others, and rules that attempt to prevent people from doing things that put themselves at risk.

This is why most of these analogies are stupid - vehicles are things you take out and move at speed in public areas with lots of vulnerable people in them.

You have to distinguish between rules that attempt to stop people from injuring or killing others, and rules that attempt to prevent people from doing things that put themselves at risk.

This is why most of these analogies are stupid - vehicles are things you take out and move at speed in public areas with lots of vulnerable people in them.

Isn’t that what driving licenses are for?

Oh, okay. Obvious nonsense. Never mind then.
I tell you what certainly is directly linked to not only more deaths, but also far more far-reaching highly damaging consequences for both individuals and society alike.

Alcohol is responsible for an astonishingly high number of deaths, injuries and social harm to the country, including but not exclusive to anti-social behaviour, vandalism, theft, domestic violence, serious assaults, and intentional killings. Undoubtedly many, many times more detrimental to our wellbeing than privately owned cars- or cars, period- will ever fucking be.

Do I ever hear any car prohibitionists here call for booze to be banned on a similar platform to the ‘cars are detrimental to society?’

Do I cunting fuck.

I tell you what certainly is directly linked to not only more deaths, but also far more far-reaching highly damaging consequences for both individuals and society alike.

Alcohol is responsible for an astonishingly high number of deaths, injuries and social harm to the country, including but not exclusive to anti-social behaviour, vandalism, theft, violence, serious assaults, and intentional killings. Undoubtedly many, many times more detrimental to our wellbeing than privately owned cars- or cars, period- will ever fucking be.

Do I ever hear any car prohibitionists here call for booze to be banned on a similar platform to the ‘cars are detrimental to society?’

Do I cunting fuck.
I'm currently teetotal and would support greater curbs on alcohol availability.

Not sure why this somehow pinged as a response to me but I hate foreign travel. I wouldn’t say others shouldn’t do it on the basis of my preferences though.
It was because there was a quote of yours there that I hadn't replied to but hadn't deleted either then did when it popped up unexpectedly. I apologise for alarming you.

I suppose me currently not drinking is irrelevant. I'd support measures to stop people convicted of violence when drinking having access to alcohol (I know that's not realistic btw). But I don't beat people up when I do drink so would still be allowed. The problems with driving are the amount of harm it does to others and the missalocation and unfair distribution of resources it results in which don't really apply to alcohol.

Last edited:
It was because there was a quote of yours there that I hadn't replied to but hadn't deleted either then did when it popped up unexpectedly. I apologise for alarming you.

I suppose me currently not drinking is irrelevant. I'd support measures to stop people convicted of violence when drinking having access to alcohol (I know that's not realistic btw). But I don't beat people up when I do drink so would still be allowed. The problems with driving are the amount of harm it does to others and the missalocation and unfair distribution of resources it results in.

I guess I got to miss out on what you were going to say somewhere but had a change of heart then.

Alcohol is responsible for an astonishingly high number of deaths, injuries and social harm to the country, including but not exclusive to anti-social behaviour, vandalism, theft, domestic violence, serious assaults, and intentional killings. Undoubtedly many, many times more detrimental to our wellbeing than privately owned cars- or cars, period- will ever fucking be.

Do I cunting fuck.

Explain to us the ways you think it's equivalent, and then we can look at this in a little more detail.

Also give us some numbers just to back up what you're saying about scale.

"adrian chapman" is wrong there. The car depicted in those photos has a valid MOT obtained in March 2021 - don't believe everything you read on Twitter, especially when it's so easy to verify something yourself.

Too bad - still, if she keeps knocking people off bikes, one day somebody's going to make sure that car's in no condition to ever pass an MOT again.

Explain to us the ways you think it's equivalent, and then we can look at this in a little more detail.

Also give us some numbers just to back up what you're saying about scale.
Knock yourself out

ETA: And before you start, there is far more to it than a purely economic cost. The personal cost, such as domestic abuse and countless other forms of alcohol-induced violence, are massively greater than anything related to car use will ever produce. But know this as well as anyone else in here, of course.

Attachments

• 70C77157-EEE8-4E26-87C9-3B1E3C498AA7.jpeg
    70C77157-EEE8-4E26-87C9-3B1E3C498AA7.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Not really a fan of the forced labour (and they should be investing in new freight canals not just pulling shopping trolleys out of the old ones) but I do like the bits about stopping violent offenders from drinking and monitoring domestic abusers.

You're a shoo-in for Tory Central Office. Don't worry too much, many people get more right wing as they age. Teuchter will surely be goose-stepping about the place any day now.

Too bad - still, if she keeps knocking people off bikes, one day somebody's going to make sure that car's in no condition to ever pass an MOT again.

We’ve already established that the helpful driver grabbed the cyclist to stop her falling over when she failed to unclip her pedals after stopping to shout. No need to allude to physical violence against the driver or her property.

Back
Top Bottom