Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2024

Roooooooooot :thumbs:

300 ish isn't bad at all from where we were earlier. Especially if Robinson and Root make it to close (8 balls to go at time of writing), start sensibly tomorrow then a few overs of swinging the bat once one of them inevitably gets out.

Not a great score by any means, but perhaps enough to be competitive.

Psychology advantage England. India would have been high and hopeful at lunch, and instead they've had a long and frustrating afternoon.

I'd suggest it still isn't a great score. Need at least another 50 tomorrow to reach something like par. 400 would have been nice. But in the game at least.

I think if you literally get a pea-shooter/grass-cutter on day one, as Stokes was unfortunate enough to, you can take a guess the pitch ain't gonna be that great by the 4th innings. Good toss to win, despite the shenanigans before lunch. Not saying England will win, but that recovery does give them a chance. This could easily have ended with an Indian lead by the end of today.

Good to see Root being Root.

Cook called him 'England's greatest every player' in the studio afterwards. Not sure about that. But that was a magnificent innings.

Oh and Jadeja is a fucking cheat. Running all over the pitch at every opportunity. Again.

A lot depends on the pitch doesn't it. Sounds like there was some movement earlier on, if that's there then Anderson, Robinson and possibly even Stokes could make it very hard for India. On the other hand it also sounds like it's flattened out a bit as the day's gone on which could mean yet another big India lead.

A lot depends on the pitch doesn't it. Sounds like there was some movement earlier on, if that's there then Anderson, Robinson and possibly even Stokes could make it very hard for India. On the other hand it also sounds like it's flattened out a bit as the day's gone on which could mean yet another big India lead.
Yeah I didn't see any of it but it does sound like an old-fashioned type of pitch. Win the toss and bat first, but you'll have a tricky first session to survive before you can cash in in the afternoon against the old ball. An even day on that kind of pitch is generally about six down at the close.

So almost a calamity, but a great recovery has left the honours more or less even at the end of day 1. I'd have taken that at the toss.

I think England are actually ahead. Because as you say, India will have to bat last on that thing, and it'll be turning square by day 4. 300 on a first day in India is very very good. And Robinson can bat. I expect 400 at least here.

I'm going to go as far as to say that England are not behind.

I don't expect 400 tbh. Could easily be all out for 320. Another 50 from here would be decent. Any more than that is a bonus.

We never seem to restart well the next morning. I'm expecting another couple of dozen runs at most. If we can hang around and be annoying for an hour or two, that's good enough.

Back
Top Bottom