Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2024

Well it took 4 sessions to completely overturn 1 session - but they have. Advantage England (at the moment - bloody get Jaiswal!).

Bashir and Hartley have been fab, making the most of a spinners' pitch.

Into the bowlers - all out before close would mean a 1st innings lead of 150+, huge in what's rapidly becoming a low scoring match.

Bloody hell, India on the ropes. A bit of grown up batting from England in the next innings and we should walk this.

Hopefully we get them out with a 100 run lead. Then I'm happy for us to swing the bat. Lots of dancing down the wicket to get 150+. No way India can get over 250 on this in the fourth innings.

134 behind at close. These two batters have been very good, not exactly scoring at speed but making the last hour a frustrating one for England.

Parallels between the start of play earlier and tomorrow - two set batters able to put some more runs on, but little to come after just as England were.

Root, Robinson and Co managed another 50+. Less than that for India please.

Just switched on. Closer than expected. Would be good if these two could grind the lead up to 200 so the middle order can swing it.

Ah bit disappointing in the end. People talked about opportunities in the last two tests but ultimately they were well outplayed. This one was where they really did have the chance - those late first innings partnerships that got India close were where it was lost really.

Wood in for Robinson, as expected. Robinson has pissed off Baz one too many times I feel.

Bairstow in, in the hope he'll do something special in his 100th Test. He's averaging 21 in this series.

Anderson in for 700 wickets (he has 698). That's fair enough.

Isn't this the most beautiful cricket ground in the world?

1709713620361.png

And Pope should be playing for his career. That 196 was lucky, even he said so. Since then? 7 innings at an average of 12.

He's not Jaiswal is he?

It is, of course, Ashwin's 100th Test too. Always been a great admirer of him. I wonder who'll have the better 100th? I know who I'd bet on. And I'd probably bet on him getting Bairstow out for good measure.

Back
Top Bottom