Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2024

Dunno. But it's a pretty scant penalty. They should be taken out of the attack for the rest of the match. 5 runs isn't even a swipe of the mighty Zak Crawley's blade.
Bowlers can be taken out of the attack. But there never used to be any penalty against batters. Stern words from the umps was all there was.

Actually I think the simplest solution is that the batter is given out. Why not? It would mirror the penalty for bowlers when they are taken out of the attack for the rest of the innings.

If it's both batters running on the pitch, the batter who was facing at the time is out.

Jadeja and Ashwin are gonna use those patches on the wicket to reduce England's score by far more than 5 runs, so yes - give them a red card.

Jadeja was first informed by the umpire to stay away from the protected area while running and the second time he did that, he got the first and last official warning. The warning was valid for the entire Indian innings. And when Ashwin repeated the same mistake on Day 2, the umpire signalled for 5 penalty runs.

Jadeja and Ashwin are gonna use those patches on the wicket to reduce England's score by far more than 5 runs, so yes - give them a red card.
Keep the same procedure but the player who does it after the warnings is given out. IMO that would be fair and proportionate.

Given they're both spin bowlers I'd not let them bowl into their own footmarks in the next innings and not be allowed to bowl. Of course they'd probably just ask their batsmen to do it instead so maybe you're right.

5 runs is so random. Make it 30.

Holy shit! Just woke up to another England collapse.

India looked clueless yesterday but today, without Ashwin, have smashed through one of England's best batting sides for years.

8 wickets for 95 runs. COME ON! 🇮🇳

The ground looks all but deserted in the highlight footage. How they can fail to fill a cricket ground for a major international match in India I've no idea.

One of my bugbears too. And Rajkot isn't one of the massive IPL grounds either. It's smaller than Lords.

They should open the gates to fill the seats but my FiL reckons that with the caste system still alive and well in India, there'd be a riot if people who had paid for tickets, were sat next to people who hadn't.

Oh Bairstow you idiot! Not sure why I've picked him out particularly as Duckett's run out was possibly worse but at least Duckett has done something in this match.

Back
Top Bottom