Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2024

New bowlers always need more than one match to get their eye in. Well, apart from Tom Hartley they do.

Today's debutant Bashir is already among the wickets, along with a man who started playing test matches before Bashir was born.

Ahmed still not getting a bowl, misfielding and Stokes has tried to hide him in the deep. Where he's misfielded twice.

Again, who is selecting him. If his captain clearly has no faith in him.

England are currently second from bottom in the test championship rankings. Because of all the penalties they rack up while Stokes fucks with his fields constantly. We all know England are not the second worst side in the world but not sure who to blame here for the likelihood of England not qualifying for the final. The ICC's rules or Stokes ignorance of them

If the series becomes Jaiswal v Pope I know who I'm backing.

Hopefully it won't. Hopefully it will be Jaiswal v England. Bairstow looked in good touch last test, unlucky to get two of the best balls. We'll see.

As usual, a great toss to win, and while England did ok, I'd far rather be India right now. Good call to pick Anderson. I wasn't a fan of his selection for this tour, but he knows how to keep things tight in Asia. It would be great to have two seamers, but I guess they have to compromise something.

Whilst credit is deservedly due to England, I'd rather have Indias runs on the board right now.

Normally I'd say the pitch might decide the game, but both sides have enough form for supernatural slumps or heroics. Fascinating few days ahead :thumbs:

The looks on the faces of the Indian fielders and coaching team as this is going on. Priceless.

Current RR: 6.20
• Min. Ov. Rem: 64

I really don't understand why nobody has figured out how to counter Bazball yet. They're playing it like a T20. So set T20 fields. It's like they're playing two different formats against each other.

Man for man, India are far more talented than England. They shouldn't be being treated like this. Failure of management on their side. Virat should still be captain once he's fit again, he's utterly fearless.

Last edited:
The pitch is yet another disaster by the looks. I mean I don't have commentary on but that ball that Stokes got.... I'm assuming they're questioning the wicket?

I have to say, that has to be the most chilled out looking 'dressing room' or whatever you call it when they sit outside. It's like they've just put down their gin and tonics and sneaky cigars while the outgoing batsman comes in. Lads. There's a fucking game of cricket going on.

Bumrah's career stats are magnificent. Considering that his home tests tend to spin-oriented, doubly so.

Just the 143 deficit this time lads, and batting 4th.

Incredible bowler Bumrah….often looks so hard to play.

Given his success on this pitch (& Jimmeh’s figures too),anyone think England should’ve played an extra seamer?

Incredible bowler Bumrah….often looks so hard to play.

Given his success on this pitch (& Jimmeh’s figures too),anyone think England should’ve played an extra seamer?

I think India are playing a very good game of poker. With the pitches they are providing. And maybe England aren't reading the pitch. And maybe India are just better than us.

Wood would make no difference. These are not Wood pitches.

The 9 year old is still the difference between the sides right now though.

Painful watching Rehan bowling half tracker after half tracker. Reminds me of that hapless keeper they brought in a couple of years ago who probably just wanted to go home and curl up in bed. Although tbf this young lad has quite an arrogant smirk on him for some reason. Surely his last game? For a while at least...?

Painful watching Rehan bowling half tracker after half tracker. Reminds me of that hapless keeper they brought in a couple of years ago who probably just wanted to go home and curl up in bed. Although tbf this young lad has quite an arrogant smirk on him for some reason. Surely his last game? For a while at least...?

He's got four wickets in the match, at under four an over. Against very good opposition playing at home. I don't know why you're so keen to get rid of this kid but it's starting to look a bit weird tbh.

e2a: He's up to six wickets for the match then, still at well under 4 an over. The useless twat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom